Recruiting; How Are Our Sbc Foes Faring?

gangrene

Troy's class looks decent so far, but it's laden with JUCOs (not necessarily a bad thing, but I personally prefer players with four years of eligibility).

I'm sure you've all seen this same info on Rivals but I thought a side-by-side layout allowed for easier comparisons with our competition.

Picture2.png

Picture4.png

Picture3.png

Picture8.png

Picture1.png

Picture6.png

Arkansas State and Florida Atlantic have no commitments listed yet.

Just for grins, I added lists for some of the other schools we may be closely competing against for local talent.

Picture5.png

Picture7.png

Picture9.png

Picture10.png

And one last note, we have exactly as many 4 and 5-star recruits as Baylor and Texas Tech COMBINED!

Stealth is the word at ASU but here is what I know:

Commits:

Alex Birton OL 6’1 ½”/297/5.4 sec/500 lb bench. Number of outstanding OL in Arkansas this year. Most taller than 6’5 and going to SEC, including one of Birton’s Teammates. His coach says he is the best OL in the State. Highly-touted going into this season Don’t know if grades are an issue here or what.

Elroy Brown Jr. LB 6’ ½”/205 4.5 sec Arkansas Super Team Linebacker– a legacy, his father played at ASU. Most expected him to end up at Tennessee going into his senior year. Don’t know if grades/test score are an issue here.

Derek Lawson RB 6’ 0/205/4.55 sec- Arkansas Super Team RB, set State single season

rushing record, over 3000 yards. Put on about 20 lbs and came out of nowhere as a senior. Unstoppable at the HS level, but probably a project at college level.

Chris Lambeth 6’0/ 294/4.8 sec – Alabama QB that Rivals has listed as a two star commit. Got lot of SEC interest but no SEC offers…. yet. Might be just a little short.

Signed

Brandon Ciaramitaro OL/C –6’3/285 lb- All State JC Lineman from Mississippi- offered by ASU, Ohio and UAB, should be in the mix at center next season. Real smart.

Lots of players in Arkansas this year, probably the best numbers in a decade.

Derek Lawson RB 6’ 0/205/4.55 sec- Arkansas Super Team RB, set State single season

rushing record, over 3000 yards. Put on about 20 lbs and came out of nowhere as a senior. Unstoppable at the HS level, but probably a project at college level.

"Put on about 20 lbs and came out of nowhere as a senior." I hope this guy pans out, but he sounds like he's on the "JUICE".

Chris Lambeth 6’0/ 294/4.8 sec – Alabama QB that Rivals has listed as a two star commit. Got lot of SEC interest but no SEC offers…. yet. Might be just a little short.

A little Short? How about a lot fat if the 294 is correct and a lot like a snail in speed.

"Put on about 20 lbs and came out of nowhere as a senior." I hope this guy pans out, but he sounds like he's on the "JUICE".

A little Short? How about a lot fat if the 294 is correct and a lot like a snail in speed.

I'm not really sold on the RB but he has a little wiggle and a little burst at the line of scrimmage so ASU had to take him with those kinds of numbers.

Try 194 lbs. for the QB but the 4.8 stays. ASU coaches just love short QB's for some reason. They had been touting Travis Hewitt 6'0/210 for two years and he was really a bust this year.

Basically the way the classes are lining up, ASU has limited spots open on the two deep for freshmen and really is recruiting 'program players' who are expected to come in red-shirt and wait their turn. A few freshmen do jump ahead but for the most part, except for the props, they are recruited to contribute as juniors and seniors.

It has been reported that a couple of props are on track to be eligible at ASU and will count toward this class. They are Erick Stone S/LB 6’3/ 225/4.5 sec and Rudy Harrell OL/DL 6’6/280/ 4.8 sec. Both were consistent top 20 recruits last year in Arkansas and to be quite honest ASU does not get them, if they were not partial qualifiers. True SEC caliber athletes.

Anyway good luck to UNT in your recruiting because you're new coach really should take you to another level and I just hope we can hang with you.