Don't Look Now....

MeanMag

I believe Boise is the first and only team to ever play in a BCS game not from a BCS conference.

Urban Meyer's Utah team beat Pitt from the Big East a couple years ago in the fiesta.

That being said, that was the VERY average champ of the first year without Miami & VT pre-Louisville Big East, so this is the first REAL BCS win... against legit big time competition.

Urban Meyer's Utah team beat Pitt from the Big East a couple years ago in the fiesta.

That being said, that was the VERY average champ of the first year without Miami & VT pre-Louisville Big East, so this is the first REAL BCS win... against legit big time competition.

So you are discounting Utah's team..., very nice. I don't care, because Utah played everyone on their schedule, beat them and then beat the crap out of PITT. Wasn't even close, so in my eyes, that one counts just as much.

Yes , your right I forgot all about that game. I wasn't one of the 10,000 people who actually watched that game on TV :lol:

NT03, no offense but anytime a non-BCS beats a BCS it's good for UNT, especially in a bowl game.....the BCS is a monopoly/communist plot and we need to defeat it at every opportunity.....Utah deserves their props just like Boise

Edited by dentUNiTe

NT03, no offense but anytime a non-BCS beats a BCS it's good for UNT, especially in a bowl game.....the BCS is a monopoly/communist plot and we need to defeat it at every opportunity.....Utah deserves their props just like Boise

a communist plot? That's a comparison I haven't heard before.

-gm

a communist plot? That's a comparison I haven't heard before.

-gm

Yeah, you know, if we are going by the strict definition of communism, WE are actually the communist ones. We want to overthrow the Bourgeoisie Championship Series with the rest of the mid-major proletariat. We are tired of being exploited and looked down upon, and the Fiesta Bowl was like the Bolshevik Revolution. As I understand it, the Bolshevik Revolution was also forced into overtime by a crazy last second hook and ladder play. True story. Or maybe I'm just loopy from staying up to watch that crazy crazy game.

Yeah, you know, if we are going by the strict definition of communism, WE are actually the communist ones. We want to overthrow the Bourgeoisie Championship Series with the rest of the mid-major proletariat. We are tired of being exploited and looked down upon, and the Fiesta Bowl was like the Bolshevik Revolution. As I understand it, the Bolshevik Revolution was also forced into overtime by a crazy last second hook and ladder play. True story. Or maybe I'm just loopy from staying up to watch that crazy crazy game.

I see LoRo has got to you, too.

Damn commie...

---- I remember watching Utah beat the absolute tar of A&M that year in the opening game... The Aggies looked awful... They were not very good but they were not as bad as Utah made them look.

---- The Utah QB that year was Smith... now the QB of the 49ers.

---- Utah deserves lots of credit but their coach left the following year. Can't remember who it was.

---- Utah deserves lots of credit but their coach left the following year. Can't remember who it was.

The coach that year was Urban Meyer, now the head coach at Florida. Utah was the real deal that year, and the game against Pitt was an absolute blowout. Even though Florida is the underdog, don't count Meyer out.

So you are discounting Utah's team..., very nice. I don't care, because Utah played everyone on their schedule, beat them and then beat the crap out of PITT. Wasn't even close, so in my eyes, that one counts just as much.

Discounting Utah?? Not at all.. in fact, I thinl that Utah team was better than this Boise team, IMHO. I'm just saying this was the first true "Mid-Major beats a title contending, top-flight BCS school" BCS bowl that we've had. Most people I knew PICKED Utah over Pitt... Utah was ranked top 10 at the time, I think Pitt was high teens or twenty-something. Utah's win was just as important because it prevented the "see.. see... Mid-Majors can't even beat a low ranked 3 or 4 loss BCS school in the big game!".... But Boise, last night -- not even in the same league. They beat a team that was one bad call away for possible being in the national title game. A top 5 team. A game that will be remembered for years. Hell, most people out there had already forgotten that Utah/Pitt game...

f'n commies. f'n nazis

they were nazis, Walter?

Oh c'mon, Donnie! They were threatening castration!

...later

And also, let’s not forget - let’s not forget, Dude - that keeping wildlife, um, an amphibious rodent, for, um you know, domestic, within the city - that ain’t legal either.

f'n commies. f'n nazis

they were nazis, Walter?

Oh c'mon, Donnie! They were threatening castration!

...later

And also, let’s not forget - let’s not forget, Dude - that keeping wildlife, um, an amphibious rodent, for, um you know, domestic, within the city - that ain’t legal either.

:clapping:

Discounting Utah?? Not at all.. in fact, I thinl that Utah team was better than this Boise team, IMHO. I'm just saying this was the first true "Mid-Major beats a title contending, top-flight BCS school" BCS bowl that we've had. Most people I knew PICKED Utah over Pitt... Utah was ranked top 10 at the time, I think Pitt was high teens or twenty-something. Utah's win was just as important because it prevented the "see.. see... Mid-Majors can't even beat a low ranked 3 or 4 loss BCS school in the big game!".... But Boise, last night -- not even in the same league. They beat a team that was one bad call away for possible being in the national title game. A top 5 team. A game that will be remembered for years. Hell, most people out there had already forgotten that Utah/Pitt game...

---

I like the last line.!!... people do not pay much attention to the teams in the Mountain Time Zone ....Stay out of the WAC... think about it.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66