Spring Ball

megagreen

Spring Ball, when does it start? :huh: Uh, sometimes this Winter? :blink:

Just going with recent trends, megagreen; but we are in a whole new era, now aren't we?

I know many of you who have expressed for years how our annual Green/White Spring Football Game should be played on a Saturday (preferably in the Spring) so many more alums/fans could get up to Denton to watch it. Seems like when I was an NT student that one of Fry's Green/White games drew upwards to 5-6,000 fans if memory serves me well.

Might such a Saturday Spring Green/White game with Coach Dodge in charge bring out (in record numbers) more Texas HS football coaches (as well as many coaches from Oklahoma and other states, too)? :)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Heck yeah. I'd make it up for a saturday scrimmage.

Spring Ball, when does it start? :huh: Uh, sometimes this Winter? :blink:

Just going with recent trends, megagreen; but we are in a whole new era, now aren't we?

I know many of you who have expressed for years how our annual Green/White Spring Football Game should be played on a Saturday (preferably in the Spring) so many more alums/fans could get up to Denton to watch it. Seems like when I was an NT student that one of Fry's Green/White games drew upwards to 5-6,000 fans if memory serves me well.

Might such a Saturday Spring Green/White game with Coach Dodge in charge bring out (in record numbers) more Texas HS football coaches (as well as many coaches from Oklahoma and other states, too)?

:)

If we're going to have a Saturday Green-White game, let's make it an event. Tailgating to start early in the game with a kick-off of like 5pm. Have the Band, Cheerleaders, and Dancers present. Have give-a-ways (t-shirts and whatnot ... just like a real game) to get some students out. We need to have a booth for people to sign up for the Mean Green Club and Season Tickets before, during, and after the scrimmage. I'd like to see a meet-n-greet with the coaches and maybe the players (TD & RV call on the players).

If this is planned right, we could easily have more then 5,000 come, just for a scrimmage.