Interesting comment from other board

bdan2002

New surroundings often unleash the talent within a player. Look at what has happened to Colt Brennan who had a bad attitude and run ins with the drama that is the CU program. He transferred and was being mentioned in the same breath as Brady Quinn and Troy Smith due to his stats and the system he flourished in under June Jones. As a non-bcs you have to take some risks in hiring and player recruitment.

Either way I am juiced about the future and can look forward to once again attending away games, going to big time college football atmospheres and relishing the energy in Fouts.

GMG

Considering that a player has 5 years to play 4 seasons from the day that they first enroll at a college, Bomars clock would have had quite a bit of it's time expired.

2004, at OU

2005, at OU

2006, sat out because of NCAA

2007, sit out to transfer to Div 1 school (that's why he went 1AA)

2008, only season eligible to participate at North Texas

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I think it's safe to assume that Bomar will be a Bearkat in 2007 and 2008.

Then again, if he transfers and lghts it up in one season against D-1 competition, he could significantly raise his draft stock.

We'll see, but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed.

2006 and 2007 in your post would count together. he has 2 years to play weather he goes to a D1A school or not.

Actually, I think Adler's point was that Bomar would have to sit out another year (2007) if he transferred again to any D-1 school. Hence the "sat" vs. "sit" tense change. FWIW.