Hayden Fry

Danish42

I have said this before...

I would like to see Hayden Fry return as head coach for ONE YEAR with Todd Dodge as his Offensive Coordinator and Assistant Head Coach, with Dodge contracted to take control in 2008.

The hiring would give North Texas tons of positive publicity. Fry is a master at putting together excellent coaching staffs and could work with Dodge building the best available. Todd Dodge could tranition into the Division 1 head coaching position, and would still have some time to follow his son's senior season at Southlake.

So the choice is simple; we could either choose Obi Fry Kenobi and Todd Skywalker, or we could submit ourselves to another Attack of the Crones.

How about bring back Hayden? This great coach was here the first year I was at NT in 1979. smile.gif

That's OK, Danish42, but Hay'Boy's last year in Denton was 1978. How many of us wish he would have been there in 1979 (and beyond), though. sad.gif

Coach Fry would have never taken us out of the Mo' Valley had such leagues back then had bowl tie-ins as all BCS leagues do today. He has often said he would have stayed in Denton had his teams been rewarded with bowl games, but we all have to remember how few bowls there were back in that era, too, and how leagues such as the Missouri Valley didn't have the vision (and probably resources) to create such a bowl for itself.

I'm afraid Hayden is probably enjoying his retirement too much to want to come back to Denton, but we can all dream and wish a little on such things, now can't we? smile.gif

Many of our wishes for Hayden Fry would have been had be been coach at NT with all the present growth our school, Denton and Denton County have had since he left. If that had been the case, we would have needed a new stadium in place a very long time ago and if would have been Fry who would have probably gone out and found the Big Donor, too. The guy can do some serious fundraising.

Let's pull for Rick V to find the Big Tater(s) out there in Fortune 500 country (DFW) with a person or company who would help us to start turning dirt out at Eagle Point Campus and that very, very soon. I feel because of events of last week we are closer to such a thing happening.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen