Im no business major, but...

SeanMG

Thanks, I didnt want to continue until I knew about that.

Feel free to call me stupid or say that this is the dumbest idea ever thought of. I've been thinking about this the past few days and decided to share it with the board to see where I'm going wrong with my logic.

The way I see it, some major company should have already bought us a stadium.

- It's going to be located on I35 where thousands of people would drive by it every day.

- Every single piece of media would give the company free advertising whenever they even do as little as list the game.

- In no way are we a small school. 33,550 students and student's families enjoying the brand new ____ stadium.

- We are very "ripe for the picking". A school that is growing as well as a program in desperate need of a new stadium. Whoever bought it would be established in the UNT program inevitably.

- The company can claim forever that "they support America's college students" and all that other blar blar blar emotional connection they try to create.

I bet there even more advantages then this, but this is what I've thought about.

So what's wrong with this idea? Why arent we chilling in Verizon Stadium with no track?

Edited by SeanMG

ya it's not UNT's money...sadly. I still think that whoever sponsored it would get their money worth though.

Microsoft could sponsor it and make it and advertise it as the most technilogical field ever wink.gif Now that would be nice.

Peterbuilt Field would be awesome too. Not only that, but because they are based in Denton, UNT could setup some kind of tuition discount for the children of Peterbuilt workers. Get us a new field and increas Denton's ties with the school.

Edited by SeanMG

Microsoft could sponsor it and make it and advertise it as the most technilogical field ever wink.gif  Now that would be nice.

We could do that... but then our fans might disapear into thin air, or all the lights and scoreboard would go dark for no explainable reason just at the wrong time... and then most people would bitch about it a little bit, then say it's the coolest technological stadium ever... and just when our team would score the scoreboard might ask if we "are sure you want to do that..."

Guest GrayEagleOne

Just my opinion, but I don't think that you'll see a corporation pony up big bucks for a stadium unless the decision maker is a NT alum. He'd likely have to be the owner or majority stockholder. The conference that we are in is (at least not yet) high profile enough.

Now if any of you can get us in the Big XII or CUSA we'd have a lot easier sell.

If only Texas Instruments was more of a consumer products company, I think they would be a perfect sponsor, since their headquarters is in Richardson (I hope that's right). I don't suppose any of their founders went to NT...

I noticed that they are starting to run some TV commercials touting their DSP technology. Maybe they DO want name recognition, a la "Intel Inside".

Of course, TI might think they've already given UNT enough, i.e. the Engineering campus.