My night last night

emmitt01

Straight out of the shoot I got a call of a loud noise disturbance. I get there and find, no kidding, 500 kids in the courtyard to these four ajoined condos. Seems one of the SMU kids' daddies bought all four condos and was renting out the other three to other SMU kids. I warned them that I was gonna tow all of their cars and start checking ID's so they moved their vehicles and turned down the music. I though problem solved b/c to be at SMU you have to be real smart, right? No! I had to come back twice more...and mind you this is with other off-duty DPD officers out there for crowd control and I know they warned them...so I wrote one of the residents a disorderly conduct citation. His comment was "You can't write me a ticket! My daddy owns these condos and he's a lawyer." My reply, "Good, then daddy can represent you in court and pay the fine." As I'm leaving I find an 18 year old kid face down in his own vomit on the street. His explanation for his present predicament was "I'm rushing a fraternity and they made me drink. I don't have any friends here and I wanted them to like me."

I then spent the second half of the night sitting with a felony DWI suspect at Baylor hospital. Seems he was pulled over when two little kids (not his kids) were waving at passing cars and screaming because of his erratic driving. The kids jumped out of the car when he slowed down enough, which is good thing because he crashed into a retaining wall. He wasn't much a challenge to guard because his BAC was 0.46!!!

Moral of my PMG post? Football season will soon be upon us and let's watch ourselves with the alcohol...myself included. biggrin.gif

Straight out of the shoot I got a call of a loud noise disturbance.  I get there and find, no kidding, 500 kids in the courtyard to these four ajoined condos.  Seems one of the SMU kids' daddies bought all four condos and was renting out the other three to other SMU kids.  I warned them that I was gonna tow all of their cars and start checking ID's so they moved their vehicles and turned down the music.  I though problem solved b/c to be at SMU you have to be real smart, right?  No!  I had to come back twice more...and mind you this is with other off-duty DPD officers out there for crowd control and I know they warned them...so I wrote one of the residents a disorderly conduct citation.  His comment was "You can't write me a ticket!  My daddy owns these condos and he's a lawyer."  My reply, "Good, then daddy can represent you in court and pay the fine."  As I'm leaving I find an 18 year old kid face down in his own vomit on the street.  His explanation for his present predicament was "I'm rushing a fraternity and they made me drink.  I don't have any friends here and I wanted them to like me." 

I then spent the second half of the night sitting with a felony DWI suspect at Baylor hospital.  Seems he was pulled over when two little kids (not his kids) were waving at passing cars and screaming because of his erratic driving.  The kids jumped out of the car when he slowed down enough, which is good thing because he crashed into a retaining wall.  He wasn't much a challenge to guard because his BAC was 0.46!!! 

Moral of my PMG post?  Football season will soon be upon us and let's watch ourselves with the alcohol...myself included.  biggrin.gif

Too bad you didn't/couldn't make them all get on their knees and recite after you "North Texas Rules & SMwho sucks" five times or everyone here is getting a PI or MIP. Especially since it seems to have been an illegal rush party.

Me to Cop: "You didn't give me a drunk test. You didn't read me my rights. You can't take me to jail. I know my rights!"?

Cop to me: "Son, if you know your rights so well, why are you in the back of my patrol car?"

Me to self: Uhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm. Well............

End of argument. Young, arrogant and inebriated is not a good combination. Or to quote Animal House, "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." I think I've grown up a bit since then.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF TEXAS !!!!!!!

Straight out of the shoot I got a call of a loud noise disturbance.  I get there and find, no kidding, 500 kids in the courtyard to these four ajoined condos.  Seems one of the SMU kids' daddies bought all four condos and was renting out the other three to other SMU kids.  I warned them that I was gonna tow all of their cars and start checking ID's so they moved their vehicles and turned down the music.  I though problem solved b/c to be at SMU you have to be real smart, right?  No!  I had to come back twice more...and mind you this is with other off-duty DPD officers out there for crowd control and I know they warned them...so I wrote one of the residents a disorderly conduct citation.  His comment was "You can't write me a ticket!  My daddy owns these condos and he's a lawyer."  My reply, "Good, then daddy can represent you in court and pay the fine."  As I'm leaving I find an 18 year old kid face down in his own vomit on the street.  His explanation for his present predicament was "I'm rushing a fraternity and they made me drink.  I don't have any friends here and I wanted them to like me." 

I then spent the second half of the night sitting with a felony DWI suspect at Baylor hospital.  Seems he was pulled over when two little kids (not his kids) were waving at passing cars and screaming because of his erratic driving.  The kids jumped out of the car when he slowed down enough, which is good thing because he crashed into a retaining wall.  He wasn't much a challenge to guard because his BAC was 0.46!!! 

Moral of my PMG post?  Football season will soon be upon us and let's watch ourselves with the alcohol...myself included.   biggrin.gif

You take the cake, Emmitt! How damn funny a post! laugh.gif

And, uh, "moral of my, uh, "PMG" post? Uh, well..............................................not long (and redundant) enough, you need rainbow colored paragraphs and small, large and largest lettering mixed throughout as well-----But I will say this---you definitley have all the potential in the world. rolleyes.gif

PS: And do keep a close and watchful eye on those wild and crazy party hogs from SMU! unsure.gifohmy.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Punk to cop. "Do you know who you're dealin' with".

Cop to punk. "Tell me"

Punk to cop. "My dad owns these condos & he's a lawyer"

Cop to punk. "Good, then he'll know how to get you bailed out".

Punk to my cop brother: "I pay your salary!! Don't you have anything better to do??"

Cop brother: "No. I don't like anything quite as much as this. Please press down hard. You're making 3 copies." laugh.gif

Funny story, Emmitt ---- I am always amazed by those (mostly kid but not all) who think money can fix anything...... Reminds me of a situation when I was in Paris airport with a student group and the air-controllers went of strike and we were told it might be a week before we could leave. A rather wealthy kid in the group told me to just call his dad and he could arrarnge to get a plane get us out of there... He just did not get it, even if you owned the plane it wasn't taking off.....LOL.....( about 10% were flying) . I found a plane with empty seats (planes could not land to transfer passengers either) so I arranged for their seats to Canada and got into DWF 6 hours late. I will take know-how over money.

---Careful with the words "shoot/chute". We semi-country kids understand the difference and a lot of us have experience shooting cows down a chute. Also being careful when you shoot. A policeman shot at me once when he thought I (college kid then) had broken in to where I was working.... I was the night employee maintaining refigeration equiptment and was supposed to be there. He was no kid but about 50 yr old. In today's world he likely would have been fired (not shot), but this was the 1960's, nothing much was done except getting chewed out. I saw him multiple times after that and I don't really think he enjoyed seeing me, I would always speak with a smile on my face.... LOL.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66