S.I.

eulesseagle

I think that 109 is a little rediculous. I think that a more realistic rating would have us in the 60's-70's. we just get rated so low because we were in last place of the worst conference in D1A football at the end of last year. I thinkt that our team is much better this year and that we will end up ranked much more respectably by the end of the season. our rankings cant get much worse, but they do have room to get alot better.

Here are some numbers:

I took the ranking of each school in each conference to get a total, then divided by the number of schools in the conference to get an average (rounded to one decimal):

So SEC = 39.3 = 472 / 12 teams

SEC 39.3

BIG 12 39.9

ACC 40.8

PAC-1O 41.1

BIG TEN 42.2

BIG EAST 54.5

MOUNTAIN WEST 56.3

WAC 77

C-USA 85.2

MAC 89.7

SUN BELT 105.5

Fairly close to their conference ratings. I may make it a project to track this during the season!

I think that 109 is a little ridiculous. I think that a more realistic rating would have us in the 60's-70's. we just get rated so low because we were in last place of the worst conference in D1A football at the end of last year. I thinkt that our team is much better this year and that we will end up ranked much more respectably by the end of the season. our rankings cant get much worse, but they do have room to get alot better.

---Let see......... The last place team in the worse rated conference gets to play #1 and "Defending National Champion" in game 1...... pass the aspirin please.

---If your kid are the dumbest kid in the dumbest class on campus... it is rather unlikely that your kid that is all that average in intelligence.......... 109 may be low (now) but to put us in the middle is absolutly "green-eyed optimism".....especially when the last scimmage was a comedy of errors.

--- It the #1 team in the nation (Texas?) can't center the ball correctly they will lose, even if playing a low ranked team.... unfortunately it doesn't seem to be them but us at the moment....[ Feel my pain!!!] Forget the rest of practice --That is THE PRIORITY, get the ball into the hands of the QB and absolutely don't leave it on the ground. [ oh the pain!!!..I need some painkiller, and soon... ]

----Is there any possibility that all those turnovers and fumbles were an attempt to make UT over-confident.? I am sure they are shaking in their boots now after reading these articles about our screw-ups and great ranking... [ Where is that pain/killer?? ]

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I think that 109 is a little rediculous. I think that a more realistic rating would have us in the 60's-70's. we just get rated so low because we were in last place of the worst conference in D1A football at the end of last year. I thinkt that our team is much better this year and that we will end up ranked much more respectably by the end of the season. our rankings cant get much worse, but they do have room to get alot better.

Would you pick us to beat any of these teams (honestly):

61 TOLEDO MAC

62 MINNESOTA BIG TEN

63 WAKE FOREST ACC

64 CONNECTICUT BIG EAST

65 KENTUCKY SEC

66 KANSAS BIG 12

67 N.C. STATE ACC

68 KANSAS STATE BIG 12

69 HOUSTON C-USA

70 MIAMI (OHIO) MAC

71 HAWAII WAC

72 SAN DIEGO ST. MTN. WEST

73 SMU C-USA

74 BOWLING GREEN MAC

75 MISSISSIPPI SEC

76 STANFORD PAC-10

77 MEMPHIS C-USA

78 MISSISSIPPI STATE SEC

79 OREGON STATE PAC-10

80 COLORADO ST. MTN. WEST

SMU is rated too high as well - look at the teams under them. SMU doesn't beat any SEC or PAC 10 teams this year.

61 TOLEDO MAC 

62 MINNESOTA BIG TEN 

63 WAKE FOREST ACC 

64 CONNECTICUT BIG EAST 

65 KENTUCKY SEC 

66 KANSAS BIG 12 

67 N.C. STATE ACC 

68 KANSAS STATE BIG 12 

69 HOUSTON C-USA 

70 MIAMI (OHIO) MAC 

71 HAWAII WAC 

73 SMU C-USA 

74 BOWLING GREEN MAC 

75 MISSISSIPPI SEC 

76 STANFORD PAC-10 

77 MEMPHIS C-USA 

78 MISSISSIPPI STATE SEC 

79 OREGON STATE PAC-10 

SMU is rated too high as well - look at the teams under them. SMU doesn't beat any SEC or PAC 10 teams this year.

Do you see any Sun Belt teams in that group? No. Then they would be OOC games and we know what the results will be. sad.gif

Do you see any Sun Belt teams in that group? No. Then they would be OOC games and we know what the results will be.  sad.gif

I think its more a talent gap than a coaching gap....but I know one likes to think about that

I think its more a talent gap than a coaching gap....but I know one likes to think about that

I really do not think the talent gap is that big of an issue, it is the lack of change and adaptation to the other teams manuevers. The players are the Pawns and the Coaches are the Chess Masters.

61 TOLEDO MAC 

62 MINNESOTA BIG TEN 

63 WAKE FOREST ACC 

64 CONNECTICUT BIG EAST 

65 KENTUCKY SEC 

66 KANSAS BIG 12 

67 N.C. STATE ACC 

68 KANSAS STATE BIG 12 

69 HOUSTON C-USA 

70 MIAMI (OHIO) MAC 

71 HAWAII WAC 

73 SMU C-USA 

74 BOWLING GREEN MAC 

75 MISSISSIPPI SEC 

76 STANFORD PAC-10 

77 MEMPHIS C-USA 

78 MISSISSIPPI STATE SEC 

79 OREGON STATE PAC-10 

Good point...now get your green shades back on, please. tongue.gif

61 TOLEDO MAC 

62 MINNESOTA BIG TEN 

63 WAKE FOREST ACC 

64 CONNECTICUT BIG EAST 

65 KENTUCKY SEC 

66 KANSAS BIG 12 

67 N.C. STATE ACC 

68 KANSAS STATE BIG 12 

69 HOUSTON C-USA 

70 MIAMI (OHIO) MAC 

71 HAWAII WAC 

73 SMU C-USA 

74 BOWLING GREEN MAC 

75 MISSISSIPPI SEC 

76 STANFORD PAC-10 

77 MEMPHIS C-USA 

78 MISSISSIPPI STATE SEC 

79 OREGON STATE PAC-10 

I dont think that we would be favored in any of those games, but a few of those teams are way over-rated due to conference affiliation. I think K-state, mississippi state, and Oregon State are bottom of the barrel in any conference this year and that we would have an excellent chance against them. I also think that Memphis and San Deigo st. are under-rated. maybe... just maybe, I was a little optimistic with my origional statment, but I still think that we are 20-25 places better than #109. thats my opinion and I am sticking with it. I mean it... dont test me again... the end.

Edited by bigrobdsp