Texans made HUGE mistake

Mr. TI-01 Gato:

---The best player in college in the past 20 years..!!. Holy Moly!!!  That is since you were 8 and still playing in the dirt.  I seem to remember a Peyton Manning that was being mentioned from the fr/soph year on and made the Heisman final 5 twice (and robbed in my opinion).  Even Marshall Faulk at the San Diego St. was making big news in college and both of those guys really turned out well in the NFL. I am sure there have many more that have been the "player of lifetime" several times.

I like the D.Ware comment...."if you followed SunBelt football".... if you didn't you had no clue who he is was.

Ahhh--- you have hold-out concerns about Bush... so did Houston... the Cedric Benson and Rivers hold-outs really turned out well for their teams and them as well.

I am making a note of your draft comment.... Bush rd 2 or 1, .... You still going to be using the Gato name this year????

Ok, I'll give you Marshall Faulk...but not Peyton Manning. That guy has been a choker since his college days. smile.gif

Well, crap. I don't think I'm going to continue the argument about Ware rolleyes.gif ...but the Julius Peppers/Jevon Kearse angle is still valid. If you are going to take a DE #1, I'd sure hope that he performed as well as either of those guys (or guys like them that are escaping me right now). I'd say that M. Williams didn't perform well at all considering his #1 status now.

Whether or not I think Bush is a stud doesn't change the fact that he's a rookie. Drafting rookies in round 1/2 is the equivalent of suicide in the cut-throat NW Texans league! That and he'll be joined in the backfield by another good RB in Duece McAllister....seemingly they'll form a backfield similar to Miami last season with Ricky and Ronnie Brown. Both RBs were game breakers but neither had great fantasy value....now a few years down the road when/if Bush becomes a feature back? All that said, I still say he was the best player in the draft and the best college player that I can remember watching (as you pointed out has only been for about 18-20 years smile.gif ) any team would be lucky to have him....to pass on him for freaking Mario Williams is/was absurd.

Ok....fire away. cool.gif

No, you could not.

Bush vs:

#24 Oregon

20 car, 122 yd, 1 td

#14 Ariz St

17 car, 158 yd, 2 td

#9 ND

15 car, 160 yd, 3 td

#16 Fresno St

23 car, 294 yd, 2 td

#11 UCLA

24 car, 260 yd, 2 td

#1 Texas

13 car, 82 yd, 1 td

The only "big" game he didn't break 100 yards was against UT...but he still managed a TD and 82 yards...though he didn't take over that game like he did most of the others listed here.

I have to agree with those who think that Mario Williams was a bad pick.  Picking a DE at #1 isn't necessarily a bad pick...but picking one who nobody ever heard of before the combine is.

I have a bit different rankings...

#12 Oregon

20 car, 122 yd, 1 td

NOT RANKED Ariz St

17 car, 158 yd, 2 td

#11 ND

15 car, 160 yd, 3 td

NOT RANKED Fresno St

23 car, 294 yd, 2 td

#13 UCLA

24 car, 260 yd, 2 td

#1 Texas

13 car, 82 yd, 1 td

I think he is good, I just don't think that he is the Barry Sanders / Gale Sayers clone that everyone wants to compare him to...and the Texans greatly needed D-line help not help at running back...

Amen brother!!! LOL Another RB would not have made a great difference in wins /losses. I will not argue how good he is just that his presence would not have increased wins much...(..ala OJ..). a better defence and O-line can improve their their record a lot. They will not draft #1 next year.

TI-01... Peyton is a choker??? good grief... do you have to win the Super Bowl to be good? What does that make Marino, Jim Kelly, and Earl Campbell? Sometimes you just aren't the best team. Only one team does that a year. They won 14? consecutive games and they lost to Pittsburgh in the playoffs mostly because of Pittsburgh's good defense just beat his O-line to pieces. --- Seattle also with a super RB that got shut down by Pittsburgh as well.

Note: defense win games and you need a good "smart" QB. .... Pittsburgh did not have a super elite running back... mainly retiring old Bettis. N.E. won 2 of their three with sub-par RBs as well. Dillon was there for only one of them, they had Antoine Smith and Kevin Faulk. The other winners in the past few years has been the Ravens and Tampa Bay, with --- a good defense and a bad or barely average offense. When Dallas won they did have E.Smith (he went in beat to a pulp in one of them) but their defense was very good and the QB situation was good as well..... ie short ..Bush was not going the lead them to the promised land.... (neither is the one in Washington).

TI-01... I think it is now safe to put you in front of me in the fantasy draft next year if I want Peyton.... since you think he is a choker and will take Bush instead.....LOL... I guess we can officially state that your team choked in our Fantasy finals this year since you lost that one. !!!! yep, your team just had a manager that just choked and made bad decisions....LOL

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I have a bit different rankings...

#12 Oregon

20 car, 122 yd, 1 td

NOT RANKED Ariz St

17 car, 158 yd, 2 td

#11 ND

15 car, 160 yd, 3 td

NOT RANKED Fresno St

23 car, 294 yd, 2 td

#13 UCLA

24 car, 260 yd, 2 td

#1 Texas

13 car, 82 yd, 1 td

I think he is good, I just don't think that he is the Barry Sanders / Gale Sayers clone that everyone wants to compare him to...and the Texans greatly needed D-line help not help at running back...

WTF? You're going to argue where I got my rankings?!? Sheesh....go to ESPN.com.

Amen brother!!! LOL  Another RB would not have made a great difference in wins /losses.  I will not argue how good he is just that his presence would not have increased wins much...(..ala OJ..). a better defence and O-line can improve their their record a lot.  They will not draft #1 next year.

TI-01... Peyton is a choker??? good grief... do you have to win the Super Bowl to be good?  What does that make Marino, Jim Kelly,  and Earl Campbell?  Sometimes you just aren't the best team.  Only one team does that a year.  They won 14? consecutive games and they lost to Pittsburgh in the playoffs mostly because of Pittsburgh's good defense just beat his O-line to pieces.  --- Seattle also with a super RB that got shut down by Pittsburgh as well.

Note: defense win games and you need a good  "smart"  QB. .... Pittsburgh did not have a super elite running back... mainly retiring old Bettis.  N.E. won 2 of their three with  sub-par RBs as well. Dillon was there for only one of them, they had Antoine Smith and Kevin Faulk. The other winners in the past few years has been the Ravens and Tampa Bay, with --- a good defense and a bad or barely average  offense.  When Dallas won they did have E.Smith (he went in beat to a pulp in one of them)  but their defense was very good and the QB situation was good as well..... ie short ..Bush was not going the lead them to the promised land.... (neither is the one in Washington).

TI-01... I think it is now safe to put you in front of me in the fantasy draft next year if I want Peyton.... since you think he is a choker and will take Bush instead.....LOL... I guess we can officially state that your team choked in our Fantasy finals this year since you lost that one. !!!!  yep,  your team just had a manager that just choked and made bad decisions....LOL

At this point in the argument, neither of you (rokemi and Huns) has even gotten my main argument. I don't disagree that DE is a safe(maybe better) pick. MARIO WILLIAMS at #1 was! It becomes an EVEN worse pick when you know that Reggie Bush was sitting there...either to take or trade out of the pick....I do not think that Reggie Bush is going to just blow up the NFL in his rookie season....few rookies do....but I still think the guy is un-freaking-believable and I'd bet he becomes an NFL superstar soon.

As for Peyton Manning....well, what can I say?....he's a ninny! biggrin.gif

...and about fantasy football. You don't have to be good when you're in a league full of guys who would drop Antonio Gates.