Spring Practice starts Monday? For me,

Green Grenade II

I sadly missed every home basketball game at The Super Pit. I sadly missed the final 2 football home games at Fouts Field even though I had two season tickets for every game.

Somehow, I am getting used to staying home with Margie. We celebrate our 9th Wedding Anniversary Wednesday (Feb. 15th). She keeps saying, "Spears, why don't you want to go to any North Texas games?" I tell her my main and only reason....Darrell Dickey. I will NOT attend any more games he coaches. At Fouts...at DK Royal on September 2nd. Further, I will not waste my money on season tickets. I hate this situation. I never in my life ever thought it would come to this...but it has. I hope everyone supports the program who wants to. Most will....I will not any further.

Once Dickey is gone, and a new coach is named...I'll be back purchasing season tickets and fully supporting the program. At the very least, I'm being honest about how I feel...and it does not feel good by any means. At my advanced age...it's too easy to just stay home. I will not be missed.

For Pete's sakes Rick, enough is enough... YES, we know you hate Dickey. Do us a real favor?, You're a good guy, and most of us understand the sarcasm and humor. I have to admit this is wearing me thin now, mainly because I think you are serious. If that is the case, you're doing only harm with this crap. Why dont you up the ante a little. Forget the home games, just stop posting until Dickey is fired and then maybe we all benefit from your promises. IF you are really this upset, and Coach Dickey is the sole source of your problem... go talk to him and tell him face-to-face how you feel. I know he will talk to you, he is easy to reach and will likely be at the GMG Bowl on April 8th. Whether you talk to him or not, please no more of these "woe with me and DD" posts. I am no Ramon Flannigan fan, but I wont quit this team until he is gone? It sends a message to the players that disliking Flannigan means more to me than supporting them... that's never gonna happen.

The rest of us moved on some time ago, GG. We are looking forward to spring ball and the GMG - Andrew Smith Flag game. You should consider getting on board with that and helping us help the student athletes. You have done a lot for the university in the past. Seems a shame to have you quit now...

GMG!!!

Most everyone by now is in the process or has pretty well chosen what direction they are going to take this summer and the upcoming new academic year with all this concerning DD, ie, such as decisions on whether they will continue to enable present NT leadership with the continuance and perseverance of all this under DD that has us completely land-locked toward the bottom of NCAA D1-A and all that even during a run of 4 bowl games.

BUT............I keep picking up comments on this business of "telling DD face to face" about our concerns with NT athletics from other posters and I really don't know what that has to do with the price of wheat in Russia? Seems all those promised "face to face" quarterly meetings were discontinued not because of any of us, either, right?

Few of us will change our minds about DD at this point and thats whether we tell it to him face to face in his living room, his office in the NT Athletic Department or on this message board.

We know NT officials from all over campus read this board and they should read it, because it is a pretty damn fair microcosm of what NT Exes and Mean Green fans feel about things concerning NORTH TEXAS--whether that be pro or con on whatever the subject. NOTE: Even Bill Gates said he regularly reads his company's equivalent of GMG.com because he wants to know just exactly what his employees are saying about MicroSoft, their jobs with MicroSoft or even what they are saying about him. Gates said he's even made changes and adjustments based on his company's blog and all the grunts who have posted various things.

BUT FACE TO FACE, YOU SAY? Well...............it seems many of us also do recall that Darrell Dickey did not exactly choose a "face to face" forum with all of our NT Exes and Mean Green fans when he (for the last 5 years running) made all those sarcastic and condescending radio comments directed straight to the hearts of the very ones who he regularly gets his pay checks from and to those who have supported this athletic program much longer than any of those presently on the NT athletic payroll will ever be allowed to stay--at least we think so on that part of this equation.

So a few of you young gun alums don't let a free keg of beer or a pat on the back from the UNT head football coach prevent you from keeping your own eyes on the eventual prize we of every era of UNT all want and all that that transcends any one individual on the NT payroll.

******* There is no one I know of who thinks DD is some kind of an ogre or a monster. Most know he is a good and decent family man as well as a church goin' sort of man as well; but (once again) all this is not or has never been about those kind of things, but merely the opinion of a growing number of supporters who think DD has simply bitten off more than he can chew at UNT and that he has taken it as far as he is going to take it. With that scenario, isn't a coaching change the next (normal) progression at any other NCAA D1-A school?

AND.................All should merely look at where this program was ranked among the other 117 schools of NCAA D1-A even during or after each of our bowl years. Even all of last summer's unprecedented (for UNT) national pre-season publicity that Patrick Cobbs, Jamario Thomas and the Mean Green received did not get us one pre-season Top 25 vote. That alone was a matter of deep concern from many that our Mean Green football program (even after 4 bowl games) is still getting zero respect from most of the media and more important, all the Top 25 poll voters with Darrell Dickey as our head football coach.

Lest we all forget, though, we are still on the same side in all this with all our hopes for a progressive football program that will start eventually showing us the kind of momentum we should already have set in motion and then...........lest we also forget this, too: We all still stand up and sing Glory to the Green when the Green Brigade strikes up our school song during the pre-game on Game Day at Fouts Field.

Good write up, Plum. My point is simply that there are lots of fans who dont want Dickey here. (I would not be one of those..but to each his own) If I posted that my issues with Coach Dickey were soooo bad that I would NOT attend a home game until he is gone?, and did so several times over and over...that is a bit different. If you take issue with any coach and it means enough to you to avoid supporting these players, you arent just disgruntled..you are obsessed. The only way that can be fixed is to walk away and forget it...which doesnt explain all of GG's posts, or deal with it. The only person who can explain Dickey is Dickey? None of us can do it? We are still here for this team...and will be at EVERY game.

I dont know about you, but I'm tired of hearing how he wont be at the games until Dickey is fired. The man is still the head coach and will be this year. If you are that set to not go to the games because of him?, Fine...dont go. I just dont see the positive aspect of the players and their parents seeing this negative crap over and over.

Just my two cents...

GMG!!!

Med,

As I posted more than two years ago, GGII is a bitter old man. A former employee, who happened to luck into being a part of NT history. I was told leave GGII alone, he's funny. I begged him not to post anymore, but I was again attacked by many on the board.

Now it is sinking in to others, that his post are bitter, spiteful and hurtful to the program.

I hate to say I told you so, but I TOLD YOU SO.

Med,

As I posted more than two years ago, GGII is a bitter old man. A former employee, who happened to luck into being a part of NT history. I was told leave GGII alone, he's funny. I begged him not to post anymore, but I was again attacked by many on the board.

Now it is sinking in to others, that his post are bitter, spiteful and hurtful to the program. 

I hate to say I told you so, but I TOLD YOU SO.

GG has more knowledge and loyalty to UNT than you have in your toenail. Who made you king?

We know NT officials from all over campus read this board and they should read it, because it is a pretty damn fair microcosm of what NT Exes and Mean Green fans feel about things concerning NORTH TEXAS--whether that be pro or con on whatever the subject.

they better be reading because when they ask in the fall why the donations are lower maybe they will ahve a clue then. folks have only a say with there money and money talks when it stops too! No change, then i will make some changes!! mad.gif

GG has more knowledge and loyalty to UNT than you have in your toenail.   Who made you king?

Oh yeah he's really showing his loyal not only by NOT buying season tickets and NOT contributing financially but posting a about it which might encourage others to feel discouraged and do the same. I think we have enough discouragement without these doom and gloom posts. Just because GG#whatever doesn't get his way and have DD fired he wants to take his marbles and go home. Let him and the seeds of discord stay home.

Sounds to me like you are just blindly defending your buddy no matter what kind of hate crap he spews!!! Who made you such a genius to judge the knowledge and loyalty of others?

Edited by Black Scholes

I think some new research is pertinent to this discussion.

O.............K...................................

It is my understanding that schools whose football teams annually rank in the Top 25 have fewer of these parasitical problems which gives us yet another reason to start aiming higher.;(

I knew it just had to be something like those little critters that might have been involved with all this and even in Denton; and in what will be a fresh, new conspiracy theory that will most likely materialize because of the above link which has brought all this to the surface as well as all our awareness. Hmmm? (We sorta' do need some new subjects on this board now don't we?smile.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Oh yeah he's really showing his loyal not only by NOT buying season tickets and NOT contributing financially but posting a about it which might encourage others to feel discouraged and do the same.  I think we have enough discouragement without these doom and gloom posts.  Just because GG#whatever doesn't get his way and have DD fired he wants to take his marbles and go home.  Let him and the seeds of discord stay home.

Sounds to me like you are just blindly defending your buddy no matter what kind of hate crap he spews!!!  Who made you such a genius to judge the knowledge and loyalty of others?

There is loyalty to the customer too, and these long time customers know a snow job when they sees one. You young punks think you know everything about UNt sports and you are soon to have it to yourself. us older fans are tired of the BS inthis program.