Was UNT really recruiting

catman12

I don't pay much attention to UNT's recruiting efforts, but I'm sure some of you do. Does anyone know if UNT was making a serious push for Karrington Bush. The Sherman paper said he chose Texas State over North Texas, Houston, and TCU. I am a Whitewright boy and I sure would have liked to see Bush come to North Texas.

There were some posts at the beginning of the high school season and I said Bush would be a player to watch. I really didn't think he would get enough attention at a 2A school, but I guess he did. I saw a few of his games...he has break away speed and is a very strong running back. A severe ankle sprain kept him out of Whitewright's last two games. He played in their bi-district game, but was only about 60% if that. We'll see how he does at the next level.

http://www.heralddemocrat.com/articles/200...ts/sports01.txt

Karrington Bush=incredible. I'll never forget him kicking off then stripping the ball from the kickoff returner and taking it back for a TD versus Tom Bean.

He was, perhaps the most exciting player in 2A this season. His speed definately translated to Div-I...his size and strength...maybe not. But there is no question he is incredible. Texas State got a great player and I certainly wish all of them the best.