Ray Loren JCFB.Com lists him as a 3 *

OldTimer

Rivals still shows him as a 2*.The other 3 JC's we signed were not listed by them.

Browsed the DMN area 100 this afternoon....4 of the area players listed are on our prospect list, but do not mention NT on the area posting. 3 prospect were found a couple of months ago and it is possible they are no longer interested in NT, and one or more NT may have no interest, another is a recent prospect find but will probably wind up at TCU or SMU

We have over 80 prospects on the GMG recruiting site and I would love to sign at leasts 16 of them....so all should not be doom and gloom.

Every one keep your eyes open and let us know of any info. you run across.

Edited by OldTimer

Recruiting services sometimes don't make sense in their listings or ratings. JC football.com lists Ray Loren as a 3 *...he was HM all Jayhawk conference

It doesn't even list Trent Stanley from Coffeyville who was 1st team all Jayhawk Conference and was 2nd Team NJC-All American. Trent Stanley is the OG/C signed from Coffeyville, 6-2, 290 also signed by NT.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Rivals still shows him as a 2*.The other 3 JC's we signed were not listed by them.

Browsed the DMN area 100 this afternoon....4 of the area players listed are on our prospect list, but do not mention NT on the area posting.  3 prospect were found a couple of months ago and it is possible they are no longer interested in NT, and one or more NT may have no interest, another is a recent prospect find  but will probably wind up at TCU or SMU

We have over 80 prospects on the GMG recruiting site and I would love to sign at leasts 16 of them....so all should not be doom and gloom.

Every one keep your eyes open and let us know of any info. you run across.

OT, I show all three as 2-star athletes on Rivals. Wilson is listed on p.7 as an ATH; Stanley on p.7 of the OGs; Carlson on p.6 as a DT; and Loren on p.7 of the safeties. By the way, it's Roy Loren, not Ray.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I hear that Dominque Green has shown promise. How about Devin Cox, Arthur Stubblefield and Kartay Agobottah?

I wasn't impressed with Green the few times that I saw him play. He's fast, but that was about it from what I saw. I hope that they will be moved to WR, where I think that he can excel. Deavin Cox is another fast one who played on special teams last year. I was disappointed that he wasn't used as a corner, where he was supposed to be #2. I hear that Antoine Bush may be our best corner prospect. I'm also looking for great things from Korey Washington, another great athlete. Stubblefield should be in the mix but I think that Agobottah may be more of a safety.

I thought Greeen did a good job, I think he will probably be a 3 year starter, I would like to see Korey Washington get some action somewhere, he was a great high school player. I think he definitely needs to be returning punts and kicks. One note about Green, I remember watching a lot in the ASU game. He got beat on a play and the WR made a catch on him, a couple of plays later they went back to him and he was with the guy the whole time and knock the ball away close to the sidelines. I think he is a competitor.

Last year DD went out and got a lot of athletes with speed. Hopefully now they can all step it up. I think the defensive backfield ends up being a strong point all season. Actually I think this entire defense has a chance to be REAL good if we could just have 2 DTs who can at least slow down the run.

Matt Phillips put up some good numbers for a rFr. coming off the bench at safety. But he has more of a CB size. With everybody in the two-deep coming back at the safety positions and both Ja'Mel and T.J. graduating, might we see Phillips at the corner?

you mean Steve Warren i think?