Who's #1

CMJ

I mean we're only a third of the way thru the season, so who knows who the best team is. But Duke looks really good so far from the games I've seen. The second most impressive school I've seen so far is Louisville. I'm not sure Texas would make my top 10 after today.

But...as I stated...it's WAYYYY early.

Edited by CMJ

So did I.  Duke is schooling them.  blink.gif

I had a friend who's ACC tell me that Texas or any Big XII school will never win a title because no one in the conference has ever played or committed to defense well enough. He said they win, but in crunch time they are like the Dallas Mavericks used to be.

I don't know if I agree with him, but today seemed to bear him out....

That and what happened to Texas's depth? The Box Score shows not much outside of 3 guys...

Duke had looked pretty suspect as a #1 so far until this game. But I also think that UT was a little overrated. They are still pretty young so I think by the time the tournament comes around they should be where they want to be though.

I think that UConn has a great argument for being #1. The 3 game stretch in the Maui Invatational where they beat Arkansas, Arizona, and Gonzaga impressed me.

I think that UConn has a great argument for being #1. The 3 game stretch in the Maui Invatational where they beat Arkansas, Arizona, and Gonzaga impressed me.

Good point, but Arizona doesn't seem to be as strong as I initially thought they were. We'll see once Pac-10 play starts however.

Good point, but Arizona doesn't seem to be as strong as I initially thought they were.  We'll see once Pac-10 play starts however.

Yeah their record isn't that great, but they have lost to very good teams in games that could have gone either way. It's tough losing your top two players to the NBA, but they recruit as well as just about anyone in the country so they should be able to pick it up.