Texas State coach should be fired...

catman12

If he wanted to play conservative with 1:00 left and all 3 timeouts, why not just split 4 WR and have them all go deep to clear out the secondary and try to get that QB in the open field. If he can make a play and pickup 15 or 20 yards, then you would have been in position to make something happen. If he gets sacked or doesn't pick up any yardage, then you can run the clock out.

How fun it is to second guess coaches. Isn't this fun!! As much as some of you guys give our coaching staff $hit, you should have fun discussing this bone headed call!

You have to understand the chances of interceptions for TD's at this moment in time, the QB will tend to rush his throws, It's a calculated risk, I would do the same he did.

There is no way to justify that kind of decision. That shows the kids your scared - Neally lost the game trying to do too much because it was a position he never should have been put in. Poor kids - but a lot of bonehead calls on both sides towards the end (extra points and going for 2 at weird times, fielding a punt inside the 10 for NIU, TSU falling in love with the pass a bit too much when they had control.)

You could tell these are 2 coaches who had never really won before - that's for sure.

If he wanted to play conservative with 1:00 left and all 3 timeouts, why not just split 4 WR and have them all go deep to clear out the secondary and try to get that QB in the open field.  If he can make a play and pickup 15 or 20 yards, then you would have been in position to make something happen.  If he gets sacked or doesn't pick up any yardage, then you can run the clock out. 

How fun it is to second guess coaches.  Isn't this fun!!  As much as some of you guys give our coaching staff $hit, you should have fun discussing this bone headed call!

Second guessing coaches has never been limited to NT - haven't you ever listened to an NFL post game show? biggrin.gif

Unless you've never done it, then you can cast the first stone tongue.gif

I feel bad for those kids, but I also felt bad for the kid on NIU who muffed the punt. Give credit to the NIU QB as well.

I did not understand why TSU has their defense avoid the huddle and find plays on a chart though - I think there is a reason I've never seen anyone do that anywhere.

I enjoyed when one announcer talked about how they were never out of position thanks to the chart and don't breakdown and the other guy asked if he watched the first half. That was a fun/funny game if you had no ties to it. If I was a TSU fan I'd be beyond rage...

BTW - how sorry was that punter faking injury in the first half...hope he gets clocked next week.

DD would not even do that.

He's done it at halftime before.

To anyone trying to justify the TSU coach's call:

1. Shut down your computer.

2. Call it a night.

3. Quit watching football for good. You are unworthy.

In terms of the situation, that was the worst playcall I can ever remember. Horrible. It ruined the game for anyone watching, much moreso TSU players and fans. Did you see the looks on their faces?

I would fire Pete Carroll, Bobby Bowden, Joe Paterno, Tom Landry, or Vince Lombardi for making a call like that. Disgusting.

BTW, I never thought Stacy Dales-Schuman was hot till I saw her in the cheesy black cowboy hat.