FLLANIGAN TO LEAVE NT, DON'T KNOW IF NOW

OldTimer

Do they throw tortillas in buffalo? Maybe just bratwurst?

Duh.... Hot wings, hehe!

I'll contribute the first $1 to RF's relocation expense fund.

As for his replacement as OC, Joey Florence might be a good choice. He has recruited well at Ryan, hehe. Players love him and his offense kicks ass. If he does well, he could be groomed as our next head coach.

If, and it is a big IF, Flanigan leaves to be the head coach at Buffalo(it is just speculation right now) it really won't make that much of a difference as far as our offense is concerned. RF may be named the OC but we all know that DD has final say so on the plays that go into the huddle. It works much the same way that the Tuna has override privelages with Payton in Dallas. We are not going to see a balanced attack, spread, west coast, wing-T, triple option, run-and-shoot, or any other offense then the one we have been running since 1998. The offense will remain the same and the new OC will be basically a new quartebacks coach. We will probably hire a low paid college position coach who will see this move as being a promotion to a D1A coordinator and possible stepping stone to more money or a head coaching job elsewhere as RF has apparently parlayed his time in Denton into.

yes, Yes, YES! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!! Seriously, I have to ask the people who think that RF is a horrible OC or play-caller---WERE YOU HERE TO SEE THE OFFENSE BEFORE HE GOT HERE??? I suspect that answer is NO. I have no feeling either way on RF (obviously a very emotional individual after the "scene" in the stands a few weeks back), other than he is being helped along by DD. We did not have an OC before RF, DD did the job himself. We had 3 plays in the playbook. Now we have more. I can't say that RF has helped open up the playbook or not, but he came in here with ZERO coaching experience and DD moved him up pretty quickly---in an obvious attempt to help groom him for greener pastures (maybe that would have been HC here...but probably not). I can only assume that DD saw some promising talent in him.

Seriously, cut the guy some slack on the play-calling....it's DD's offense.

yes, Yes, YES! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!! Seriously, I have to ask the people who think that RF is a horrible OC or play-caller---WERE YOU HERE TO SEE THE OFFENSE BEFORE HE GOT HERE??? I suspect that answer is NO. I have no feeling either way on RF (obviously a very emotional individual after the "scene" in the stands a few weeks back), other than he is being helped along by DD. We did not have an OC before RF, DD did the job himself. We had 3 plays in the playbook. Now we have more. I can't say that RF has helped open up the playbook or not, but he came in here with ZERO coaching experience and DD moved him up pretty quickly---in an obvious attempt to help groom him for greener pastures (maybe that would have been HC here...but probably not). I can only assume that DD saw some promising talent in him.

Seriously, cut the guy some slack on the play-calling....it's DD's offense.

Agreed.

Edited by Got5onIt