Congrats to the Cajuns', Coach Bustle and

FirefightnRick

Babb has waited three years to finally get the Mean Green monkey off of his back and he played an incredible game last night. Coach Bustle, what can you say? We have all anticipated that the guy would eventually come in and start to do some great thigs at ULL after leaving Virginia Tech. He showed me this season what he's made of by installing a brand spanking new offense this past spring, taught it to his team and has now started winning with it. That was an excellent bit of coaching there in my oppinion and it showed last night. And to the Cajuns, they have always, always treated us with respect and pure class in Lafayette. Two of their students came by and spoke to us in Tiger Stadium last week and remembered us from the previous year. They haven't seen one of their teams beat the Mean Green in 24 years, and prior to last night not in 4 straight seasons. So last night had to be pretty good for them, and they deserve it. I am hoping they continue to improve and finish the season strong. Congrats to all.

Rick

Babb has waited three years to finally get the Mean Green monkey off of his back and he played an incredible game last night.  Coach Bustle, what can you say?  We have all anticipated that the guy would eventually come in and start to do some great thigs at ULL after leaving Virginia Tech.  He showed me this season what he's made of by installing a brand spanking new offense this past spring, taught it to his team and has now started winning with it.  That was an excellent bit of coaching there in my oppinion and it showed last night.  And to the Cajuns, they have always, always treated us with respect and pure class in Lafayette.  Two of their students came by and spoke to us in Tiger Stadium last week and remembered us from the previous year.  They haven't seen one of their teams beat the Mean Green in 24 years, and prior to last night not in 4 straight seasons.  So last night had to be pretty good for them, and they deserve it.  I am hoping they continue to improve and finish the season strong.  Congrats to all.

Rick

Rick,

Thanks for the class post. It was a terrific game. Even when we were up early I knew it would get close late. Seems to be our MO. biggrin.gif Glad to see the young guys we have finally learning how to win some close ones. PC had a huge night for you guys. We couldn't seem to get to him on the corners, so your receivers and tackles must have been doing a good job sealing off the interior linemen and LBs. Just thrilled we got a break on the final kickoff. I don't think my nerves could have handled watching much more of Cobb left, Cobb right! Good luck the rest of the way.

Shof

If the Cajuns win out they'll be the Sun Belt representative in the New Orleans Bowl which is being played in their home stadium this year. I think they will do an outstanding job of representing the conference and will have a huge crowd.

Geaux Cajuns! Best of luck the rest of this season, and congratulations on your victory.

If the Cajuns win out they'll be the Sun Belt representative in the New Orleans Bowl which is being played in their home stadium this year. I think they will do an outstanding job of representing the conference and will have a huge crowd.

Geaux Cajuns! Best of luck the rest of this season, and congratulations on your victory.

Thanks. We still need a little help though; but if we can win the final two games most cajun fans will be thrilled. If its a 3-way tie I think we'll have the inside track; but if its just us and ASU, they own the tiebreaker. Guess who I'll be rooting for when you guys play them! biggrin.gif Cheers,

Shof

I must say that Babb's performance last night was superior. His faking after the handoff is the best I can recall; Mary and I were in awe of his deception on several plays...if Mary would have worn a jock he would have faked her out of it. tongue.gif

I have quarterback envy.

Babb has waited three years to finally get the Mean Green monkey off of his back and he played an incredible game last night.  Coach Bustle, what can you say?  We have all anticipated that the guy would eventually come in and start to do some great thigs at ULL after leaving Virginia Tech.  He showed me this season what he's made of by installing a brand spanking new offense this past spring, taught it to his team and has now started winning with it.  That was an excellent bit of coaching there in my oppinion and it showed last night.  And to the Cajuns, they have always, always treated us with respect and pure class in Lafayette.  Two of their students came by and spoke to us in Tiger Stadium last week and remembered us from the previous year.  They haven't seen one of their teams beat the Mean Green in 24 years, and prior to last night not in 4 straight seasons.  So last night had to be pretty good for them, and they deserve it.  I am hoping they continue to improve and finish the season strong.  Congrats to all.

Rick

Thanks. I had a good time at Fouts. Fireworks after was a nice touch. Weather was perfect. I was ready to concede a UNT victory and just be thankful that I was there to see another amazing performance by Cobbs. Turned out different.

I must say that Babb's performance last night was superior.  His faking after the handoff is the best I can recall; Mary and I were in awe of his deception on several plays...if Mary would have worn a jock he would have faked her out of it.  tongue.gif

I have quarterback envy.

I'll definately agree with this one. I kept looking back at my dad going... that was one of the best fakes I've ever seen. Granted we are 762 feet from the action but I kept saying "tackle the freaking RB!!" who came bursting out of the line only to see the QB come out of nowhere with the ball for 25 yards. Masterful job of mixing things up with multiple fakes.