11  MID-AMERICAN  (A)

12  ATLANTIC 10 (AA)

13  BIG SKY  (AA)

14  SOUTHLAND  (AA)

15  GATEWAY  (AA)

16  SOUTHERN  (AA)

17  GREAT WEST  (AA)

18  SUN BELT  (A)

got to be kidding me. 1aa conf ahead of 1a conf. this should be proof to all of the apologist out there. We must win OOC games.

I gave up on Sagarin once I saw how highly I-AA's can be ranked because their schedules don't interlock much with I-A.

Right now Sagarin sez UL Lafayette ought to be a 7 point favorite at home over NW State. The Cajuns beat them by 21 and botched several scoring chances.

Oklahoma State would be an 18 point favorite at home over Arkansas State.

ASU a 38 point favorite against Tenn-Martin at home, a game ASU won by 49 and could have easily score at least two more TD's if not three by leaving the starters in and could have netted a shut out if not for playing the 2nd and 3rd team defense guys.

Sorry I can't give it much weight.

I believe many top 1-AA programs are are better than the Sun Belt.

A Division I player can transfer to 1-AA without having to set out a year, and most of the best transfers do choose this route. Many of those transfers were top ranked players out high school who never gave Sun Belt schools any consideration while they were in high school. They sign with a BCS school and things go wrong and they don't get enough playing time so they sign with a 1-AA school where they can play without setting out a year.

I am not going to take the time to research this, but if memory serves correctly the Florida Atlantic team that beat NT last fall had more than a few Seniors that began their careers with Florida, Florida St and Miami.

Remember MTSU's first 1-A Sun Belt team? That first team was far stronger than any they have had since. I remember reading it was loaded with BCS transfers.

Former Denton Ryan stars "Weasel" Battle and Calcius Smith transferred to SFA, not North Texas. According to my memory, SFA has about 12 1-A transfers.

Sam Houston St is always loaded with BCS QB transfers that would not dream of coming to North Texas.

The NCAA needs rules to prevent players from transferring easily from school to school. I agree with that. However, I feel there should be an amendment that allows BCS players to transfer to non-BCS !-A schools without having to set out a year. The non-BCS 1-A teams have to spend big bucks to get to that point. They deserve to be put on an even level with the 1-AA's.

Sure there are I-AA's better than I-A, it's always been that way. There are always Division II schools better than many I-AA, and there have always been Division III schools better than some Division II.

My parent's high school came out of the smallest classification in the state to beat the state's then largest school for the state basketball title.

My complaint is that Sagarin's rankings don't reflect true power because there is not enough overlap to measure schools.

Last season Harvard was rated #37 in the nation after going undefeated. They defeated one team that made the I-AA playoffs (a first round loser) and one team that had played a I-A school (lost to Navy). I just don't believe non-scholarship Harvard could have stayed on the field with 75th ranked Memphis or 102nd ranked UNT last year.