What do the MEAN GREEN Fans Want?

KingDL1

We can't drop Dickey...it's a money thing-

But what that joker CAN do is coach and demand respect from his players! Even if the team doesn't win (they should be able to whip the rest of the Belt), they gotta look halfway respectable in a loss. The loss to Tulsa wasn't respectable, the loss to Kstate (expected as it was) wasn't respectable. The loss to Troy wasn't respectable simply because the talent to win is there. Don't lose to the SBC. Beat LaTech, or at least keep it in 14 points, and for LSU, (I can't believe I'm saying this) make sure the team fights with all it has. I don't care about the score, I just don't want to feel like the coaches didn't do all they could to win.

Heck...

Just coach and play to win. It's the job of the coaches anyways.

Of course, any poll on GoMeanGreen.com has to be posted with the understanding that maybe 1/3'rd (or more) of those registered with GMG.com are in no way affiliated with NT whatsoever; in fact, many of them would have to be considered our competition, our arch rivals or our just plain out ol' collegiate enemies and would probaby vote in such a way in any poll on this forum that would help fan the flame of discontent among our faithful.

FWIW, these "non NT affiliated" poll voters don't want there to be any kind of harmony in Mean Green Country. You know, the old "a divided house will not stand" thing again?

So any semblance of a scientific poll on GMG.com is almost next to impossible and should be compiled with that in mind.

The Meager/Philllips poll is so slanted with voting choices as to get Phillips into the football game that its almost humorous.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Guest Aquila_Viridis

God help us all, but we are in a rebuilding year at NT this year whether most want to accept that fact or not.  8 out of 11 new faces on defense sort of suggests it and it looks like we also have some new faces on this Fall's Mean Green offense (compared to our 2004 NT offense).

Rebuilding from what? 65-0 against Texas, 58-21 against Colorado and still more blowouts against Baylor and S. Miss? Looks like business as usual to me.

You are waiting for some single donor or small group of them to show up with your stadium and it ain't gonna happen. There are thousands of people out there who could be convinced to contribute a little each. And if they did, we'd get more bang for those bucks with a new coaching staff than from a new stadium. After a few years of actually getting a lot of people excited about the program, then we can build a stadium.

I love your positive spirit about the program, and I am positive about the future of it too. However, first and foremost, there needs to be a change in expectations.

Rebuilding from what? 65-0 against Texas, 58-21 against Colorado and still more blowouts against Baylor and S. Miss? Looks like business as usual to me.

You are waiting for some single donor or small group of them to show up with your stadium and it ain't gonna happen. There are thousands of people out there who could be convinced to contribute a little each. And if they did, we'd get more bang for those bucks with a new coaching staff than from a new stadium. After a few years of actually getting a lot of people excited about the program, then we can build a stadium.

I love your positive spirit about the program, and I am positive about the future of it too. However, first and foremost, there needs to be a change in expectations.

I will just have to agree to disagree with you on that part of your post I've highlighted, AV. Stay tuned.... rolleyes.gif

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I will just have to agree to disagree with you on that part of your post I've highlighted, AV.  Stay tuned.... rolleyes.gif

Hey, I love to see the pictures like in the program, but it's a lot cheaper to draw pictures than to construct. Well, universities do seem to find ways to build buildings. I just think all the alumni should be getting calls and letters. And visits. UVA's president comes down here asking for money. They ask for money at least once a month. I mean, it's sad it comes to that, but apparently that's what it takes. At least it always keeps the question in mind, 'maybe I should be giving more?' North Texas needs a lot of people to have that question in their mind, but instead it's only a few.

Hey, I love to see the pictures like in the program, but it's a lot cheaper to draw pictures than to construct. Well, universities do seem to find ways to build buildings. I just think all the alumni should be getting calls and letters. And visits. UVA's president comes down here asking for money. They ask for money at least once a month. I mean, it's sad it comes to that, but apparently that's what it takes. At least it always keeps the question in mind, 'maybe I should be giving more?' North Texas needs a lot of people to have that question in their mind, but instead it's only a few.

AV, this thing is way beyond the architectural paintings or renderings stage. I am most content from what I am hearing of our campus fund-rasier's efforts with who they are talking to and so forth, that is all I am going to say about this subject.

Unless the USA goes into a complete economic depression, I think NT is on schedule with building a new football stadium at Eagle Point Campus that our students/alums/fans will all be proud of.

One campus official has publicly stated 4 years to be in our new football stadium. My gut feeling still says we premier the thing in 2008.

GMG!