22 days Left until NHL Hockey

I like some of the new rules, but some of them are going to get hammered when they actually come into play. Right off the bat, I think the biggest rule that will be bitched about with fans and coaches will be the no line change after an icing, the second that a team loses because of a goal scored after an icing, the bitching will start. I also hate the goalie restriction rule, or as I dub it the "Marty Turco rule." But this season should be interesting, hard to pick where each team will end up at the end of the season standings wise. Although I am a little worried about the Stars not adding anybody, this is the still pretty much the same team that got their butt's whooped by Colorado, just now 2 years older.

I like some of the new rules, but some of them are going to get hammered when they actually come into play. Right off the bat, I think the biggest rule that will be bitched about with fans and coaches will be the no line change after an icing, the second that a team loses because of a goal scored after an icing, the bitching will start. I also hate the goalie restriction rule, or as I dub it the "Marty Turco rule." But this season should be interesting, hard to pick where each team will end up at the end of the season standings wise. Although I am a little worried about the Stars not adding anybody, this is the still pretty much the same team that got their butt's whooped by Colorado, just now 2 years older.

I am OK with the icing rules the only one I have somewhat of a problem with is the goalie restriction rule, not allowing the goalie in to the corners is kind of crap. But I am ready to see the ignoring of the red line, the tag up off-sides and the bigger offensive zone. The way I heard the icing rule talked about on the radio is they are going to very strict about in a wave-off kind of way. They said the main goal is to keep the game moving, and that if it went under the opponents stick or now if it was a missed pass it would automatically get waved-off.

Wonder what networks will pickup the stars gmes???

FYI ...

Stars Announce 05-06 TV Schedule

September 9, 2005

DALLAS STARS ANNOUNCE 2005-06 TELEVISION SCHEDULE

All Regular Season Games to be Broadcast in The Metroplex Along With Four Pre-Season Games

FRISCO, Tex. -- The Dallas Stars announced today the National Hockey League club's television schedule for the 2005-06 regular season. All 82 contests of the regular season schedule will be televised in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, as well as four of the club's eight pre-season games. This marks the eighth consecutive season for all 82 regular season games to be televised in Dallas-Ft. Worth. "We are very appreciative to have such great partners like kdfi-27 and FSN Southwest to enable us once again to broadcast every Stars regular season game in Dallas-Ft. Worth," said Stars President Jim Lites. "We're also very excited that our fans will be able to watch four of our pre-season games and get an early taste of hockey. It promises to be an exciting season for the Dallas Stars."

Thirty-five games will be broadcast locally over the air on kdfi-27 (Channel 27), which returns for their sixth season of covering Stars hockey. The Stars' home opener vs. the Los Angeles Kings on Wednesday, Oct. 5 is featured on the kdfi-27 schedule, as well as two pre-season games (Tuesday, Sept. 20 vs. Edmonton and Wednesday, Sept. 28 vs. St. Louis).

FSN Southwest returns for its 13th season of carrying Stars telecasts, with 38 regular season games and two pre-season contests on its schedule. FSN Southwest provides quality regional, national, and international sports programming to over eight million cable and satellite TV subscribers in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana and parts of New Mexico. FSN Southwest will carry its first regular season game on Friday, Oct. 14 when the Stars travel to Edmonton to take on the Oilers. FSN Southwest will also televise two pre-season matchups (Friday, Sept. 23 vs. Detroit and Tuesday, Sept. 27 at St. Louis).

OLN will exclusively televise seven Stars contests, including the third game of the season on Oct. 11 versus the Phoenix Coyotes. Other Stars games scheduled to air on OLN include: Monday, Dec. 19 at Minnesota, Monday, Dec. 26 at St. Louis, Monday, Jan. 2 at Los Angeles, Sunday, March 5 at Chicago, Monday, March 13 vs. Vancouver, and Monday, April 17 at Detroit.

NBC Sports (KXAS-TV, Channel 5 in Dallas-Ft. Worth) will carry four games exclusively in the DFW market this season -- Saturday, Jan. 14 at Boston, Saturday, Jan. 28 vs. Detroit, Saturday, Feb. 4 at St. Louis, and Saturday, April 15 vs. Minnesota.

WBAP Radio (820 AM) returns for its 12th season as the flagship home of Dallas Stars hockey and will broadcast all 82 regular season contests and all playoff games.

Forming the broadcast team for the Stars for the eighth consecutive season will be Ralph Strangis and Daryl Reaugh. Strangis begins his 10th season as play-by-play announcer for the Stars after six seasons as the analyst. Reaugh, a former NHL goaltender, returns for his 10th season in the Stars' broadcast booth as the color analyst.

You can dowload the Dallas Stars' complete 2005-2006 television schedule from dallasstars.com