Any Attendance Predictions?

Harry

on attendance any see a problem with bringing a 3 month old to cheer on the Mean Green, the wife and I want to see the game, but not sure yet.  unsure.gif

I wouldn't think so as long as you keep em' cool! At that age they can still pretty much sleep through anything so I wouldn't see noise as a problem. smile.gif

When my daughter was born 3 Septembers ago, we were faced with the same decision around Homecoming since she was only about 2 or 3 months old. We ended up bringing her. Really it doesn't change a whole lot, it's just like carrying a football around all day that you can't throw (according to my wife).

You'll be fine, and we can always use the attendance. I make sure the ticket takers count both of my baby girls.

Edited by Mad Hatter

I wouldn't think so as long as you keep em' cool! At that age they can still pretty much sleep through anything so I wouldn't see noise as a problem.  smile.gif

ditto. my little girl went to a game last year at 4 months and we had no problems. just make sure you cart the little rugrat off to the concourse each and everytime s/he starts to cry. its akin to talking on the cell phone right there in your seat while your neighbor tries to watch the game.

on attendance any see a problem with bringing a 3 month old to cheer on the Mean Green, the wife and I want to see the game, but not sure yet.  unsure.gif

Bring the little one out! I went to the NCSU/MD game back in 2001 when my daughter was just an infant, decided not to bring her but wished I would have. I sort of wished she could have experienced the game with us...

Someone once said: Keep doing what you've been doing the same way and you can expect to keep getting the same results. sad.gif

I live a bit over an 1 hour from campus, so I don't really know whats going on in Denton and UNT on a daily basis. I (as most of you) get much info about the Mean Green scene on GMG.com, but I haven't read anywhere on it or elsewhere where we have expanded our athletic marketing outside the usual groups. I hope someone will pleasantly surprise me while telling me that we have.

This athletic program seems to get most of its new fans/new faces from record-setting NT freshmen classes of the last 5 or 6 years. I presume even this Falll we set another record for our freshmen class, but haven't read that as of yet. I also presume we will get many new faces at Fouts Field this Saturday from that 2005 NT freshmen class.

I am going to say for this home season opener with our team being 1 & 0 and playing a school who has a pretty good travelling fan base (or did in the past):

A most optimistic 24-25,000 (with good weather)

If we don't draw more than MTSU did for our game with the Blue Raiders (and their game VS us was televised locally in the Boro), then I am beginning to wonder what the hell we are doing to turn a helluva' lot of people off in Denton. ph34r.gif

I can't even see the Denia-ites over by Eagle Point holding long-time grudges against a bunch of 18-21 year old young men who have given their city of Denton a helluva' lot of positive publicity the last 5 years; in fact, with all that positive promo coming to a crescendo this summer with all the recent (and most impressive) national newspaper and magazine coverage of the Mean Green, P. Cobbs and J. Thomas. smile.gif

Folks, this thing won't stay small time forever. Its still a numbers game and those numbers will (still) eventually win out over all the negatives of our past with all this happening at the top of the DFW Golden Triangle, ie, Denton, Texas, America!

GMG!.