A NT student body observation

Newspaperman

You're absolutely right, and just described me to a "T".  I came to NT from Long Island for the Jazz program, and ended up graduating with a Computer Science degree.

I wasn't a football fan as a kid, and didn't even know NT had a football team (hell, I didn't even know about NT until the year I came to Denton).  But the first weekend I was in Bruce Hall (in 1979), one of the guys down the hall came around trying to get people to come with him to the game.  I said "why not", we whipped UTEP something like 49-3, and I was hooked.

Even after I changed my major, I was in the marching band for another 2 years - some great times.

---I think if you look closely at families that have people with really good math skills you will usually discover that there are members of that family with very good music skills also. They may not pursue them as a profession but they often play instruments, sing, etc., for fun. It is definitely true in my family.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

--Ricky Williams (football player) is a stoner, right..... does that mean he has musical or artsey talent. ??????

---Mathematical logic: Stoner does not imply artsey-musical person and Artsey/musical does not imply stoner.

---There are some in every group who are so "involved in their subject" they don't realize they are other things in the world happening and franky don't care. Michael Irving probably would guess Johann Sebastian Bach was a kicker from Germany .

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Artsy creative or fiercely conservative - we must market to each group on an individual basis. It is not THEIR job to support athletics. It is OUR job to get them interested. If that means some local eclectic bands and a Earth fair like atmosphere on one part of the MG Village, then lets do it! We can set up the church revival tent on the opposite end of MG Village and then all head into the stadium as one right before kickoff.

At the end of the day we can all agree on one color, right?

GMG

OK...someone needs to start marketing weed to the NT stoners as "Mean Green".  Then someone needs to sell said weed only at football games.

I'll be giving away some "MEAN GREEN" at Fouts Field on Saturday about 6 p.m.

wink.gifwink.gif Better get there early to get you fix of "MEAN GREEN" smile.gifsmile.gif

This post in no way endorses or condeones the use of marijuana, it just supports "MEAN GREEN"