Scrimmage Saturday on the new turf

SUMG

(from www.meangreensports.com):

DENTON (8/26/05) - The Mean Green football team will get its first test of the new Fouts Field surface at Saturday morning's intrasquad scrimmage.

The Sportexe Omnigrass field, which passed its final inspection yesterday, is a 100-percent rubber inlay surface and has been named one of the safest turfs in the world.

The squad's second scrimmage of the season is open to the public and begins at 8:30 a.m.

The Mean Green open the season at Louisiana State on Sept. 3.

I'm glad we're practicing at Fouts, but I'll miss the view from the stands at C.H. Collins stadium. You're right next to the field there and the action is easy to see and hear (even when DD uses a few key phrases ohmy.gif ). It made me see how badly we need a fan-friendly new stadium.