2 New MGR Updates

Harry

Did you notice how Charleys doing illuvius32?  He didn't call me last night so I figured he was pretty wore out

MeanGreenPop, don't expect to hear much from Charley during 2 a days. These boys are worn out and a lot of times are in bed by 10 p.m. Once things really get rolling they will practice, watch film, have team meetings and position meetings. When classes start on the 29th, then you add classes and weightroom at 6 a.m.

I don't think alot of the freshmen where really prepared for a Dickey practice.

I had to sidestep alot of vomit on that field. wink.gif

However, the really great part of that is that during the practice (and especially during the runs at the end) the coaches where onto the players about not leaning over, crouching down, leaning on other players, etc.

At the end, when Dickey addressed the freshmen, he said that if you want to play at North Texas you will have to be able to run and run and run. North Texas wins alot of games in the 4th quarter because they are the better conditioned and stronger team. Part of that strength is mental.

If, near the end of a long hard game, the other team is tired and looks over and see's the North Texas players crouching over and looking tired, they get a boost. If the NT players are all standing up straight, staring at them, ready for more, it is a major blow to thier morale.

I thought it was a very good thing to tell the younger players, and anyone who has ever been to a Dickey practice or scrimmage, which seems to last for 500 plays, know it just isn't lip service, it's what the coaches believe.