NT Gear at Steve and Barrys

I was at Grapevine Mills mall this weekend and was surprised to see some NT gear (other than the Joe Green throwback hat) at the store. There was not a lot of NT merchandise, but there were a couple of t-shirts available. None of the stuff they stocked had the new logos incorporated but they were very affordable. They were pretty generic shirts, but I thought some people on the board might be interested in these items because I know many people had e-mailed their headquarters to get them to stock NT gear.

BTW...I could not find any of the item online at Steve and Barrys.com

Swung by after work yesterday to check out what they have. Picked up a long sleeve grey T with script "North Texas" in green. They also have a green T with arched block "North Texas" as well. Both designs come in both long and short sleeves. Currently everything in the store is $7.98 or less. The shirt I picked up was $7.50 + tax.

• 5 months later...

They stocked North Texas shirts and sweatshirts in the weeks preceding Christmas. In spite of 'hiding' the North Texas sweatshirts because of what they termed as 'excessive sales without replacement merchandise', Steve & Barry's sold out of North Texas sweatshirts within a week. All of the green North Texas tee shirts are also perpetually out of stock. The only shirt that has regularly stayed in stock is a short sleeved heather gray shirt with generic scripted North Texas on the front. Steve & Barry's just isn't willing to invest a whole lot into a school that will not show any signs of cooperation.

I think it's obvious that I have done everything that I personally can, and at this point I have to agree with the Steve & Barry's management that The University of North Texas has been impossible for them to work with.

According to the Branding Department, this failure lies at the feet of the North Texas Athletic Department.

Branding Department's Response To Dearth Of North Texas Merchandise

So UNTLifer, what was the response that was provided by Paul Batchelder?

They stocked North Texas shirts and sweatshirts in the weeks preceding Christmas. In spite of 'hiding' the North Texas sweatshirts because of what they termed as 'excessive sales without replacement merchandise', Steve & Barry's sold out of North Texas sweatshirts within a week. All of the green North Texas tee shirts are also perpetually out of stock. The only shirt that has regularly stayed in stock is a short sleeved heather gray shirt with generic scripted North Texas on the front. Steve & Barry's just isn't willing to invest a whole lot into a school that will not show any signs of cooperation.

I think it's obvious that I have done everything that I personally can, and at this point I have to agree with the Steve & Barry's management that The University of North Texas has been impossible for them to work with.

According to the Branding Department, this failure lies at the feet of the North Texas Athletic Department.

Branding Department's Response To Dearth Of North Texas Merchandise

So UNTLifer, what was the response that was provided by Paul Batchelder?

They did have a large supply of the hood sweatshirts. They were in the back of the shop. Must have had 30-50 in stock. They had 50-70 Texas St. items up front. No NT hats.

Edited by NT91

They did have a large supply of the hood sweatshirts. They were in the back of the shop. Must have had 30-50 in stock. They had 50-70 Texas St. items up front. No NT hats.

I went there a week ago, and not only could I not find any, neither could either of the clerks that were working the sales floor.

Maybe they've received another shipment in the last few days, but maybe they're just that well hidden.

I went there a week ago, and not only could I not find any, neither could either of the clerks that were working the sales floor.

Maybe they've received another shipment in the last few days, but maybe they're just that well hidden.

When I go in there I always have on my kelly green hat with the "son of worm" on the front. The clerks always give me a good look.

In the high-pitched voice that only ELMO can do:

La la lala, La la lala, GREENSTOCK's WORLD,

La la lala, La la lala, GREENSTOCK's WORLD,

la la la laaaaaaaaaa la, la la la laaaaaa, THAT's GREENSTOCK's WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

I never received a response from Paul B.  I don't know if this is because he didn't want to or if the message was never forwarded to him.  I will shoot an email directly to him and see if I get a reply.

It's entirely possible that Paul Batchelder could be too busy working on that Steve & Barry's deal to be spending time writing replys to e-mails.

On a related note...

Voertman's has some excellent merchandise in stock right now with the new logo. My husband and I went in the other day, and nearly flipped at all the cool new stuff they've got. He picked up a hoodie in the new green with the "Son of Worm" that looks fantastic, and I got a new track jacket with the logo. Very retro, but very cool.

They also had street signs with North Texas stuff on them. The perfect accent for any true Mean Green fan's wall. I highly recommend checking it out.

• 1 month later...

Went by yesterday and they had a very large supply of the grey "hoodies" with the script "North Texas" on the front in the new green. They also had a few of the long sleeve grey T's with the same logo. Picked up one of each and when I went to check out the cashier said "sreaming eagles, huh ?", I said " No. The Mean Green." She went on to tell me she went to North Texas and was friends with Mitch Maher. I told her that it was great that they are carrying North Texas merchandise, and suggested that they carry more.