NT Dissed on LA Tech Board

badgerwolf

I agree on the comment about LSU. They think they own Louisiana, but we've been better than them for much longer. We ain't USC right now, but just as a preseason prediction, ya gotta like LaTech's odds against a Sun Belt team that has hell beating OOC teams. Until you guys come over here and beat us, we'll never believe in you completely. It's the SUN BELT for crying out loud. It's the worst conference. It's pretty much common perception by every team that even the lowest team in any conference will almost always beat anyone in the Sun Belt. Is it always true? No. Will you guys debunk that theory? Who knows. I don't think so, but go ahead and keep talking smack. When we win, we won't be taking down the goalposts or anything either, just another 'W' in the slot to give us a little more momentum as we head into the second half of the WAC season this year. ONWARD TO FRESNO!!!

Have fun beating up on the likes of Florida Multi-national School for the Deaf, Dumb, and Blind.. or Lafayette and Monroe Junior Colleges.

biggrin.gif

You must not have watched that ULL game last year. That was pretty bad though. We turned the ball over, I think it was 4 times in a row in THEIR red zone... talk about gift-wrapping. It took this before they ever scored, and we already had them 14-0 I believe. After stalling for a bit, yeah we ended up coming from behind and barely saving that one. S--t happens though. Look at the years previous to that. Even when we were rotten against other people, we spanked the Cajuns. You're so worried about us and LSU when you should really be watching ULM and ULL. I'll really be laughing if you folks lose to them too. All this smack will stop if ya'll end up in a conference (not the Sun Belt) with us and we make good rivals, but for right now, I can bash all I want since you guys are in the SBC unless you step up and beat us. Let's see whatcha' got!

I agree on the comment about LSU.  They think they own Louisiana, but we've been better than them for much longer.  We ain't USC right now, but just as a preseason prediction, ya gotta like LaTech's odds against a Sun Belt team that has hell beating OOC teams.  Until you guys come over here and beat us, we'll never believe in you completely.  It's the SUN BELT for crying out loud.  It's the worst conference.  It's pretty much common perception by every team that even the lowest team in any conference will almost always beat anyone in the Sun Belt.  Is it always true?  No.  Will you guys debunk that theory?  Who knows.  I don't think so, but go ahead and keep talking smack.  When we win, we won't be taking down the goalposts or anything either, just another 'W' in the slot to give us a little more momentum as we head into the second half of the WAC season this year.  ONWARD TO FRESNO!!!

Have fun beating up on the likes of Florida Multi-national School for the Deaf, Dumb, and Blind.. or Lafayette and Monroe Junior Colleges.

biggrin.gif

We will win because NORTH TEXAS has better Texas HS-produced football talent than La Tech's. It will show on the field this October and have some on their Bulldog Barks & Bytes board really scratching their heads wondering just where their program is headed. But others on the LTU message board know exactly what myself and others here are talking about with all this Texas HS talent business.

I don't think LTU has 1/3'rd as good a defense as Colorado had last year when Super JaMo ran for almost 260 yards against the Buffalos. NT will have Sir Patrick Cobbs back and it will look like a track meet at J. Aillet Stadium in Ruston with Mean Green running backs sprinting up and down the football field all afternoon long but being able to score against the Bulldogs.

LTU fans, alums and supporters will be re-evaluating many things after our game with them in October of this Fall of which one will be their condescending attitude toward the Sun Belt. No, they will still fight the inevitable (future SBC membership or Independent status which is NCAA D1-A suicide) as they watch their big red and blue ship continue to sink as the sun is setting in the western US, but wiser heads will prevail within the LTU administration of which Dwayne of Minden thought sold them out in the first place when they first joined the WAC. More on that board should listen to Dwayne of (or is it From?) Minden more. He has much foresight and wisdom in his posts.

I am serious as a heart attack about all that I have posted on this subject--no smack intended. blink.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I agree on the comment about LSU.  They think they own Louisiana, but we've been better than them for much longer.

You have to be kidding, right? blink.gif Better than LSU for much longer? blink.gif Who does La Tech think they are for crying out loud. You are in the WAC - that re-made conference that is amongst the bottom three conferences in the country. What did I use to call the WAC a few years ago? BIG WEST Athletic Consortium, better know as bWAC. Well, it certainly is now. My prophecy was right on target.

Are you the one that used La Tech in the same sentence along with Kansas State, Florida, and LSU? Get real! wink.gif

Edited by DeepGreen

This is the downside of the sunbelt. We could go into baton rouge and slaughter LSU, head to manhattan beat K State and then win the rest and guess what? Still no respect because were a sunbelt team. Seriously though, who does La Tech think they are? Virginia Tech? The WAC isnt very good either except for Boise and maybe Fresno.

I think this game is going to be tough for us, considering now how our current QB situation seems to be getting worse each week.

LTU has 11 starters back. They have a returning experienced line that blocked for Moats into the NFL third round this past draft, including their right tackle, a junior that weighs 375 lbs. Mark Dilliard will be the guy who will replace Moats. He's unproven, but we all know what an experienced line means. They also have their QB back as well. And like us, they feature three returning starting LB's on defense. But unlike us, they have 3 seniors returning on their D line and 3 seniors returning in their D backfield including Tramon Williams who had 4 picks last year.

This game will be a good matchup for us but we'll see. As far as the games against ULL and ULM go. ULM to me is the team to beat this season. 19 starters returning plus one hell of a natural talent at QB has to give them an edge? We have owned them for 3 straight years now but it can't last forever. We have truly owned ULL for 5 seasons straight but can we make it 6? NT has a big target on it's chest and with so many questions to ask for this season you wonder how long the ride will last?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

FFR- so true...

we have had a fun ride for the past 4 years. I just dont know how much longer it will last. We have too many question marks for this season and no experience in key areas. I argue that we were fortunate to come out on top last year. Honestly, i didn't think we would do it... but, "thank God for Jamario." Our defense was really bad last season... and that was with an experienced line and secondary.... all of that is gone now save Covington.

This year was suppose to be Andrew Smith's exclamation point to his career to UNT. With so many lossed through grad and what-not.... i just hope things can come together for this season. I dont know how well our offense will do with those we will lose to academics. We lossed a few on the O-line... and maybe one or two more from grades if they don't get things done in the summer.

One magazine has La Tech picked to finish (6'th) behind New Mexico State who hasn't beaten NT since Nixon was probably president.

I just don't think they have an answer for our Dynamic Duo running backs at NT. Colorado didn't for just one of those running backs, but NT will find numerous ways to score against La Tech (compared to CU).

Darrell Dickey's reloading with quality players who will be just fine for our 2 OOC foes and the Sun Belt. Yes, some of our re-loads will be inexperienced in September, but they will not be by the time we get to Ruston this October.

NORTH TEXAS 42

Louisiana Tech 17

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I'm not worried about La. Tech.

I'm worried about MTSU.

Why? MTSU has a new group of players reeling from what will doubtlessly be a rough and difficult game at LSU. The team will probably still be coming together and will definitely be healing from the Tigers. Taking them to another hostile game against a team who's wanted a piece of the UNT pie for the last 4 years won't be easy on them. Regardless of who the QB is, he'll be suffering from the fact that DD didn't give many in-game reps to the backup QBs...a lack of experience will be an issue with just about every position.

Don't worry about La Tech right now. They're more than 1/2 way into the season. If you want to worry about an OOC game, worry about Tulsa, or better yet- Kansas State. Being able to put up a fight against Tulsa at home is a big issue since we play them here and the team is still pretty fresh for that game. Kansas State will also be a tough game, probably the toughest game outside of LSU. La Tech is a piddly team that should not concern the fans, especially in comparison to the tougher games on our schedule.

UNT wins by 14.

Edited by meangreendork

I like how some folks here act as if two running backs are going to save their team in every game. What other strengths do you have, and do you even have a defense, 'cause I'm not hearing anything about it. If you're going to "blow us out" what are you bringing? You underestimate us just because it's popular in the Belt to demean us because we're in the WAC which seems to harvest some sort of jealousy.

I like how some folks here act as if two running backs are going to save their team in every game.  What other strengths do you have, and do you even have a defense, 'cause I'm not hearing anything about it.  If you're going to "blow us out" what are you bringing?  You underestimate us just because it's popular in the Belt to demean us because we're in the WAC which seems to harvest some sort of jealousy.

When you have the best running back tandem in NCAA D1-A (according to one of the pre season college football magazines) do you exactly have to have much else than an offensive line who can block for them? rolleyes.gif We have an offensive line led by Dylan Lineberry who is on the check list of the most prestigious award for any college lineman.

We have arguably one of the 2 or 3 best receivers in the history of the NT football program with Johnny Quinn (4.4 forty) who is an ESPN Sports Center delight (he made their highlights couple or more times last Fall) and I'd put a Texas-style chicken fried steak up against some fine Louisiana Cajun cuisine that NT will have a starting QB who will effectively be able to get the ball to him by the time we arrive in Ruston on October 22'nd.

We have a defense that I believe will have developed, jelled and be pretty salty by the time we arrive in the your part of Louisiana. In fact, we have some young players who IMO and from those who have observed them closely have a chance to really make a very postive mark before they leave Mean Green Country.

NT jealous of anyone in the WAC? We felt sorry for those schools who left the SBC for the WAC and if memory serves me correct, I believe overtures were made to NT by WAC Commish' Karl Benson and he was headed off at the pass on those overtures by our administration before he could explain why.

The WAC has 2 or 3 fine schools at the top (with all 3 having entertained the idea of leaving the WAC in recent days) and one of those schools is Boise State. Well.......NORTH TEXAS beat the Broncos 3 out of the last 4 times we played them according to an NT football meida guide I just checked. NT also has a 2 & 0 record against the Fresno State Bulldogs. So even at the top of the WAC are a bunch of schools that NT has effectively competed with in the past so we are hardly what you could call, uh, thunderstruck?. Heck! Even Howard Schnellenberger's FAU team (from the, uh.......Sun Belt) beat the Universtiy of Hawaii Bows last year.

The SBC is to NORTH TEXAS as the MAC was to Marshall U and I'd think most of us would agree that their consistent successes in their former league has caused good things to happen for their progarm (no matter what schools were in the MAC, right)? rolleyes.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen