Athletic Website

Brian

Can someone who knows the people who run the athletic website tell them that it may not be a great idea to put a 600k image reduced with tags to 150x228 on the front page - just create another image.

It makes to the page load slower, the page scrolls choppy, it looks silly.

It doesn't represent the athletic department well that we can't start getting these things right.

Ah, professionals did design and build the new athletic site. Look in the lower left corner of the main page for the designers, VDD:

Webpage Designers

I am just going to keep my mouth closed so I don't offend anybody - the new athletic site is not done very well (while I'm sure someone worked very hard on it). The VDD company was started out of a Denton apartment - I don't have anything against these guys personally but when a division I athletic site is done in FrontPage it should tell that someone didn't do their homework when making the decision.

Yes, it does look like it was built with frontpage, BUT, it IS better than what was there before. I agree it could stand to be redone again, however my complaint is that the stories are completely boring and almost never updated, and pitcures are almost always not pertaining to the game just played. That is unacceptable. Can't we get RV out there with a digital camera or something??? . rolleyes.gif

GMG!

For a Division I athletic website it is lacking in 3 respects:

[1] as was mentioned before - boring writing (zzzzzzz)

[2] old pictures continuously recycled (why bother?)

[3] factual errors & untmiely updates - not very fan friendly

... it's what one would expect to see on a high school page.

*** It projects the image that athletics at UNT in not very important.