Yeah, they are having a Vinny love-in. I just haven't forgot how he looked for the first 59:25 of the game last week against an actually good defense (sorry, but the Giants don't qualify). They wanted to have a Tiki Barber one too, saying things like "tonight is all about Tiki", but Julius Jones kind of stole his thunder.

The best thing about this game is Patrick Crayton...he looks like he can contend and has a chance of beating out Morgan for the third WR spot next year.

Guest e-bone

The best thing about this game is Patrick Crayton...he looks like he can contend and has a chance of beating out Morgan for the third WR spot next year.

He has a chance of beating out Vinny for QB next year. His interception was prettier than any of Vinny's have been.

With as many injuries as the Giants had on defense....it's insane that Parcells didn't play Romo or Henson some tonight.

The big fat Tuna has proven that without Belicheck....he's average, at best. And he's a horrible judge of talent.

Sorry in advance for the knee jerk...

Cut Leo Carson.

Bad year with a few bright spots. Julius Jones, Roy Williams (played well tonight), Jason Witten, Patrick Crayton, etc.

Still, how do you lose twice to THAT Giants team. Eli Manning got his first win against the Dallas Cowboys, man that hurts.

He has kept his mouth shut under Parcells, so I have no complaints about that.

But everyone expects him to be like Randy Moss and Terrell Owens and make 70 plus yard plays with great speed, and that isn't what he does. He is one of the best possesion/blocking WRs in the league, without question.

Rudy, you know the game of football better than that, if you have a WR that is willing and more importantly, effective at cracking down on ends and backers, as well hustle down the field to make a block, throw in the balls to over the middle without flinching and making the tough grab...aren't those guys just as valuable as the speedster that can't do any of that, but gets all the ink with a big play or two? The NFL does not have many WRs with the mindset to do those things, and the ability to do it week in and week out. That is why Keyshawn is a very good WR in my book. If you expect him to be Randy Moss, then don't expect much.

One thing that I don't get is that people are so quick to call Keyshawn overrated because he doesn't have gamebreaking speed, yet are clamouring for Mike Williams to be in the league, even though he is just a newer version of Keyshawn, even slower than KJ was coming out...

Newy said the ESPN broadcast group was "sickening".  laugh.gif

I've always thought they were the worst on TV, but their Vinny butt kissing was taking it to a new level.

We were going to mute and do the announcing ourselves....but opted not to when they decided I would annoy them by making fun of the actual crew.

He has kept his mouth shut under Parcells, so I have no complaints about that.

But everyone expects him to be like Randy Moss and Terrell Owens and make 70 plus yard plays with great speed, and that isn't what he does.  He is one of the best possesion/blocking WRs in the league, without question.

Rudy, you know the game of football better than that, if you have a WR that is willing and more importantly, effective at cracking down on ends and backers, as well hustle down the field to make a block, throw in the balls to over the middle without flinching and making the tough grab...aren't those guys just as valuable as the speedster that can't do any of that, but gets all the ink with a big play or two?  The NFL does not have many WRs with the mindset to do those things, and the ability to do it week in and week out.  That is why Keyshawn is a very good WR in my book.  If you expect him to be Randy Moss, then don't expect much.

One thing that I don't get is that people are so quick to call Keyshawn overrated because he doesn't have gamebreaking speed, yet are clamouring for Mike Williams to be in the league, even though he is just a newer version of Keyshawn, even slower than KJ was coming out...

Coach, Im not going to imply that you are lying to me about Keyshawn. I know your knowledge of the game, so if you say he was playing balls out, I believe you. What I am saying is that I did not see that level of play. Maybe you paid closer attention to the game than I did at times. What I did see was him in a verbal argument with Parcells during a game. I did see several pics that were thrown to him, where he did not attempt to disrupt the pic, or make the catch. I did see him come out of the game on a couple of occasions for what really appeared as a phantom injury. I did see a few very nice plays, and I will give him credit for those plays. If you say he played balls out, I believe you, I just did not see it with me own eyes.