Mean Green Tudor Takeover - Saturday, 3/9 @ 7pm

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Excellent work.

You should reach out to Rubin's Mom and Aaron's Dad.  They are on Twitter/X

Thank you!

I did tag them on Twitter to let me know if they didn't have enough tickets for everyone in their crew. I'm sure their group is why there were no more free tickets on the pass list for the AD to pass on to me. 😂

The right TV side is going to have plenty of green!!

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 7:10 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Dead center in the Mean Green jacket! And thank you! Look forward to more Mean Green road trips next year!

I was actually admiring that jacket, I really like it. Where did you get it?

On 3/2/2024 at 3:58 PM, BleedingGreen said:

The Women’s team just took over Tudor!  22 wins - a school record!  Go to the final home game on Tuesday and show this team appreciation.

I saw that and that the Houston alumni chapter had quite a few people show up.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Domination on and off the court.

20240309_220857.jpg.793889d6d6bebbe147402db14901975a.jpg

IMG_20240309_225236_285.jpg.d3548cef3298f794581515d882d142c1.jpg

20240309_224017.jpg.5acf65195aa6fe20c6e158e988f6306c.jpg

We had a great time at the game.  wish we could have made it to the pre-game get together.  We were right behind the bench.  I wish the kids would have hung around after the game ended to let us get some group photos of the team, but thank to the AD team for contacting us about the tickets.  

• Upvote 4

Looks like a Junior College (or UTSA's) gym. 

I know Rice has a small enrollment.  They have the $$ and need to improve their Athletic facilities.  But I will give them props for having baseball!!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, NT80 said:

I know Rice has a small enrollment.  They have the $$ and need to improve their Athletic facilities.  But I will give them props for having baseball!!

People have waited decades for Rice to improve facilities. They aren’t. Isn’t where they determine their value. They are what they are. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Zeleny' Orel said:

Lots of positive comments from ESPN+ announcers about our fan turnout for the game and all the Green in the stands. Thanks to those who were able to attend.  GMG

It looks like game attendance will continue to improve.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, NT80 said:

It's a sad place. Really feels like a high school when you walk into the building. The only thing I like is that they have an actual team store (looks like it could have once been a classroom), not just a booth.

• Upvote 1

On 3/10/2024 at 11:37 AM, Zeleny' Orel said:

Lots of positive comments from ESPN+ announcers about our fan turnout for the game and all the Green in the stands. Thanks to those who were able to attend.  GMG

When watching highlights the team tweeted, I heard the female broadcaster mentioning the large UNT crowd going wild after Jason's and-1 to put us up by eight. After rewatching the last couple minutes of the game, though, the dude bugged me on a couple of things.

I know ESPN+ is always gonna be a local crew, but when Rubin gets taken out so he can get the standing ovation, no comment is made about it, even though it is louder than the "ovation" a few minutes before for as couple of the Rice seniors. Instead he talks about the other Rice senior going out, even though in the background all you can see are green shirts standing, clapping, and looking in the other direction.

He also doesn't seem to realize at the end that we still had time on the shot clock when Jason made that last 3: "He was gonna let them just dribble it out, but whatever. Maybe they'll see each other in the conference tournament."

• Pissed 1

3 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

It's a sad place. Really feels like a high school when you walk into the building. The only thing I like is that they have an actual team store (looks like it could have once been a classroom), not just a booth.

It is light years ahead of UTSA.

How about the on court reporter.  That kid was lost.

• Haha 1