What Would Be Your Perfect Game Time?

UNTLifer

39 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

I guess for me I wouldn't attend or spend my time on anything I didn't care about. I'd find another thing to do if I just wanted to have a good time; a brewery, a cookout, bowling, festivals, etc. 

But I do appreciate your insight as to how others view things. 

bowling is awesome!!!!  random sidenote, bowled in the nationals back in 05 and 06 i think....baton rouge/corpus christi.  if i remember right, i won 61 dollars one year at the event.

i get to give cash to my school, hangout, watch a half of football or so and have a great time.  it is a victory for me! and i do care about the school, im a season ticket holder for 17 years...doesnt matter if i prefer tailgating over the game...its all good man!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

I learned how to tailgate late in life, and I am glad I lived long enough to do so. Tell me the game time and we will be out there 3.5 hours before.

Six weekends a year, weather be damned, I stop everything I am doing and just enjoy being outside with friends. It is weird...some of my best friends, including immediate family, brothers and family and friends, are my tailgate crew. I see most of them more during football season than the other 8ish months combined. My blood pressure drops, we enjoy good food, talk about current and old times, reminisce on great tailgates and games of the past, speculate on crowd size and scores of the game of the day, have a pre-game peaty Scotch and then the pickle, and just enjoy being alive.

Then the game happens. It is the reason we did the above. And six times a year in Denton, a few other times elsewhere, I watch my team. The players and coaches come and go, the team remains. My team. My only team.

I treasure every minute of these six days a year.

GMG

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

I learned how to tailgate late in life, and I am glad I lived long enough to do so. Tell me the game time and we will be out there 3.5 hours before.

Six weekends a year, weather be damned, I stop everything I am doing and just enjoy being outside with friends. It is weird...some of my best friends, including immediate family, brothers and family and friends, are my tailgate crew. I see most of them more during football season than the other 8ish months combined. My blood pressure drops, we enjoy good food, talk about current and old times, reminisce on great tailgates and games of the past, speculate on crowd size and scores of the game of the day, have a pre-game peaty Scotch and then the pickle, and just enjoy being alive.

Then the game happens. It is the reason we did the above. And six times a year in Denton, a few other times elsewhere, I watch my team. The players and coaches come and go, the team remains. My team. My only team.

I treasure every minute of these six days a year.

GMG

At the Cal game tailgate, I was talking to a Fraternity Brother who I started tailgating with and realized that Holy Shit I have been tailgating North Texas football games now for 22 years; how in the hell can I be this old? 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

At the Cal game tailgate, I was talking to a Fraternity Brother who I started tailgating with and realized that Holy Shit I have been tailgating North Texas football games now for 22 years; how in the hell can I be this old? 

That crap happens fast too. 

• Upvote 1