Not worried about SMU leaving AAC in hoops

3 hours ago, Ross Hodgeson said:

I know some are concerned about them leaving for football but I don't think they move the needle that much in basketball.  I would much rather plan Memphis and FAU from a power of schedule perspective.  Let them hit the road if they want.  No big loss.

They will kill our SOS. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/9/2023 at 9:50 PM, MrAlien said:

Still a big rivalry game, means something to local recruiting, this is also a match up that boosters want to win and that means $$$. 

I can't wait for the basketball schedule to come out. The game in Denton needs to have a packed lower bowl at minimum. Make this the night that Greeks get "points" for attending, even though I'm not sure they've had that the past few years.

The game in Dallas we need to aspire to provide the same homecourt advantage we provided the team in Arlington last December. Overwhelm the Ponies with boos when they enter their own court. North Texas chants throughout the game and so on.

• Upvote 2

On 8/9/2023 at 9:50 PM, MrAlien said:

Still a big rivalry game, means something to local recruiting, this is also a match up that boosters want to win and that means $$$. 

Yeah but from what I can tell, Oregon State is decent but not great, Washington State, Cal and Stanford are pretty crappy if you go off the Pac 12 standings from last year.  I would rather us land some Mountain West squads as some of those schools are dudes in hoops.  SDSU, USU Boise and Nevada are all pretty salty.

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2023 at 11:00 PM, Ross Hodgeson said:

Yeah but from what I can tell, Oregon State is decent but not great, Washington State, Cal and Stanford are pretty crappy if you go off the Pac 12 standings from last year.  I would rather us land some Mountain West squads as some of those schools are dudes in hoops.  SDSU, USU Boise and Nevada are all pretty salty.

Somehow I get the feeling that if the Pac 4 should come through that Aresco might then go after SDSU and Boise State when the exit fee drops.  If successful, I move the nomination cease.

• Upvote 1