If the PAC and the ACC collapse

What happens if the PAC and ACC collapse and how will that affect the AAC and UNT. I find it rather interesting to even be talking about this but it is beginning to be a possibility or even a likelihood. At some point there will be a major break in college football between the larger and smaller programs using whatever measures to determine program size.  

This is just my opinion but something like this will occur.  The Big Boys, will end up in four or five five Super conferences with 20-16 members and as long as we end up in that group I will be happy.

How do we insure that we are part of that group, WIN GAMES!!!  Winning will, raise our profile, raise money and hopefully elevate our athletic program to the top tier.  Some of our new conference mates will not make it to that level.  

Now is an important time to continue our recent efforts and to redouble them so that we are not left behind. Our current and planned physical improvements are pretty damn good.  Our Olympic sports are good and getting better, basketball is something to be proud of and I believe in the future our football team will be as well.

What can you and I do?  Talk up our program and its successes.  Attend games and bring a friend(s) to a game or an event on campus,  buy season tickets and contribute as much money as you can afford to the MGSF.  I believe the future is bright, let us make sure it is!

• Upvote 4

I know this won’t be a popular opinion on here, but when talking to my friends the response I always get is “they haven’t really done anything yet.”  Or “check back when they do something.”

These are not just friends but they also attended and graduated from UNT.  If you look back at our history every time we take a step forward it seems like we take two steps back.  There has never been any consistency.

Conversely, basketball is something my friends are extremely excited about.  In fact 3 of them will become season ticket holders this year!

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Cooke County Kid said:

This is just my opinion but something like this will occur.  The Big Boys, will end up in four or five five Super conferences with 20-16 members and as long as we end up in that group I will be happy.

How do we insure that we are part of that group, WIN GAMES!!!  Winning will, raise our profile, raise money and hopefully elevate our athletic program to the top tier.  Some of our new conference mates will not make it to that level.  

Now is an important time to continue our recent efforts and to redouble them so that we are not left behind. Our current and planned physical improvements are pretty damn good.  Our Olympic sports are good and getting better, basketball is something to be proud of and I believe in the future our football team will be as well.

What can you and I do?  Talk up our program and its successes.  Attend games and bring a friend(s) to a game or an event on campus,  buy season tickets and contribute as much money as you can afford to the MGSF.  I believe the future is bright, let us make sure it is!

Continuity of success is the difficult thing at our G5 level.  For every Grant McCasland we find that does well, they will get taken by a P5.  We must be ready to backfill with a Ross Hodge and keep on winning!

Conference expansion to the P5 level is still about Football power (unless you are $mut).  We need some NIT-type years in Football.  Not win the CFP, but win a LOT, win the BIG games, and win some BOWLS.  Attendance and more Media is also important to build our image.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

28 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Continuity of success is the difficult thing at our G5 level.  For every Grant McCasland we find that does well, they will get taken by a P5.  We must be ready to backfill with a Ross Hodge and keep on winning!

Conference expansion to the P5 level is still about Football power (unless you are $mut).  We need some NIT-type years in Football.  Not win the CFP, but win a LOT, win the BIG games, and win some BOWLS.  Attendance and more Media is also important to build our image.

I’m expecting an up tick in attendance. I think MBB will be the biggest beneficiary. Get a group together and buy season tkts! GMG 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

As far as football is concerned the whole P5/G5 thing is coming to and end.  There will be 2 conferences that matter SEC and BIG10, everyone at the FBS level will be in that 2nd tier.  Those remaining conferences will have to partner up and work together on a media arrangement, not necessarily combine. 

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

It almost feels as if you won’t need a conference in the future. You need commitment, eye balls, and opportunity games. This is why that comment about smu independence is not far fetched. At this point smu should run its program like a professional sports team. It would probably draw more fans. 

Our gifts are our alumni base size and location. More high profile wins And runs blow air on this hot ember. 

GMG

• Thanks 1