Post Spring Football- Morris Exit Interviews

Uncle

24 minutes ago, Uncle said:

This week players are having “post Spring” exit interviews with their position coach and with Morris. 
Players are hearing where they stand with the team,  expectations, etc  

This is why you’re seeing some transfer portal entries lately.  

This is correct. Hearing we will see some more portal entries in coming days. Heard some might be coming today.

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

• Coach Andy Mac changed the title to Morris Post Spring Football Morris Exit Interviews
  • Uncle changed the title to Post Spring Football- Morris Exit Interviews
21 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

This is correct. Hearing we will see some more portal entries in coming days. Heard some might be coming today.

Hopefully we will be able to retain most starters, but I’m starting to worry. I posted around a month ago about more players entering the portal, I guess I was a bit early…

Maybe we can use NIL opportunities and other amenities to keep some dudes that are important.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Hopefully we will be able to retain most starters, but I’m starting to worry. I posted around a month ago about more players entering the portal, I guess I was a bit early…

Maybe we can use NIL opportunities and other amenities to keep some dudes that are important.

Team source I talked to yesterday said all they were expecting to leave were kid’s recommended to. Anything can happen I guess though. No one saw Cam Robertson hitting portal so 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

I would hope some of these players and their family takes a little time before they enter to look at some of the statistics.. A large amount of P5 and even more G5 players end up going FCS or division 2 and many end up with no other opportunities. The grass is not always greener on the other side. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I would hope some of these players and their family takes a little time before they enter to look at some of the statistics.. A large amount of P5 and even more G5 players end up going FCS or division 2 and many end up with no other opportunities. The grass is not always greener on the other side. 

This is true but I think the suggestion was that the grass would be greener for the team if some of those suggested to leave actually do.

27 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I would hope some of these players and their family takes a little time before they enter to look at some of the statistics.

Why do you assume they’re not looking at the stats? It is possible to decide you’re better off leaving, even if you don’t get a new scholarship offer.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Why do you assume they’re not looking at the stats? It is possible to decide you’re better off leaving, even if you don’t get a new scholarship offer.

I hope in the near future, as more data is available, some of these so-called sports journalists would really take a hard look at the impact that entering the portal had on players. The success stories are plastered all over the place, but what about the ones that didn't work out? It would be interesting to see some statistics and hard data on how players who transferred out did and what happened with some of the players who transferred and did not get another opportunity. Did they finish school? Did they drop out? 

• Eye Roll 1

45 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I hope in the near future, as more data is available, some of these so-called sports journalists would really take a hard look at the impact that entering the portal had on players. The success stories are plastered all over the place, but what about the ones that didn't work out? It would be interesting to see some statistics and hard data on how players who transferred out did and what happened with some of the players who transferred and did not get another opportunity. Did they finish school? Did they drop out? 

See below. Why would it matter if they ended up without another opportunity if their current coach recommended they leave in the first place?

3 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Team source I talked to yesterday said all they were expecting to leave were kid’s recommended to. Anything can happen I guess though. No one saw Cam Robertson hitting portal so 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

If we are being honest, the top FCS programs get more players drafted than we do. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Eye Roll 1