Breaking: Aune Enters NFL Draft

TheReal_jayD

33 minutes ago, NT80 said:

You must be his sister or past girlfriend.

Heartless. How are we supposed to connect with past players and have them participate in the letterman’s association when we treat them like this? He is done, he is leaving North Texas, he said as much, why continue to pile on?

Calling me his sister doesn’t bother me. Along with being his sister, I am also Colby Carthel and Seth Littrell.  I’ve been many people over the years to folks like you who can’t fathom that a regular fan would advocate for an unpopular coach or player.

Also, as one of the “fundraisers” trying to revive the UNT baseball program, I would think you’d have enough sense to want a former pro ball player who happens to be a UNT alumnus to see our fanbase and school in a positive light so he could potentially help your project but nope, just rip on the guy instead.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Also, as one of the “fundraisers” trying to revive the UNT baseball program, I would think you’d have enough sense to want a former pro ball player who happens to be a UNT alumnus to see our fanbase and school in a positive light so he could potentially help your project but nope, just rip on the guy instead.

Unfortunately some members on this board appear to think being overly critical of guys that have finished their UNT career is some kind of loyalty badge of honor.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 hours ago, NT80 said:

Implying a 29-year old has little chance to be drafted as an NFL QB is just common sense, regardless of who it is or what school he plays for, but it happens to be Aune.  Stetson Bennett is playing for a National Championship and is being criticized for being almost 26 and wanting in the draft.

You have potential to be a good fan of UNT someday, if you ever grow up.   

Are you going to throw up another thread to ridicule Ethan Mooney for preparing for the NFL draft too seeing as only 1-2 kickers are drafted each season?

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 2

I believe that, until Aune hires an agent, that he will be able to return to college ball next season, and that very likely that would be at another school through the transfer portal.

He gave his all for us and I'll cheer for him regardless of what he decides to do, as long as it's not playing for somebody that we're scheduled to play against.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1