Antoine Walker traded

Guest e-bone

Terry shot 14.8 times per game last season, and Walker had 13.8 SPG last season. Walker shot .428% from the field, while Terry shot .417% from the field. Terry also had less than 1 assist per game more than Walker, and Terry is an All Star caliber PG while Walker is a fat piece of **** that shoots too much? Interesting logic.

Edited by e-bone

Guest e-bone

Why is everyone so high on Terry? His stats are actually worse than Walker's and he is a shoot first, pass second PG. The last thing the Mavs need is a PG who shoots 15 times a game and shoots a low percentage. The Mavs need a PG who will pass the ball to the other guys on the team that can actually shoot.

I just like having Terry because the Mavs need a veteran point to spell/teach/start over Harris and he is also good trade bait.

Cooperstein is convinced the Mavs have done a lot of these moves to get one guy...he doesn't know who, but he thinks the Mavs have something under their sleeve.

Edited by Coach

We were overstocked at foreward buy 2 forewards, and we dumped both of them. We needed a PG and some semblance of a center, and we got good fillers. Harris and Daniels are the PGs of the future but both need a vet to help them learn Terry does that. It will be Terry and Daniels and Harris will take over next year for Terry.

I would like to see a linup this year of Daniels, Terry, Finley, Howard, Dirk, but that will only get us so far. We need a true center (7'3"+ and big) which means our forwards would be Finley and Dirk. Howard really could start at forward on any other team in the NBA.

Speaking of centers is Bradley still on the team? He played a grand total of 8 minutes last season I was wondering if we released him?

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

Guest e-bone

What the Mavericks really need is a 8' 500lb center, and they can trade Jason Terry to get him. Then trade Shawn Bradley for LeBron and 1986 Magic Johnson. That's all they have to do to win, so I don't know why they don't do it.

Cooperstein is convinced the Mavs have done a lot of these moves to get one guy...he doesn't know who, but he thinks the Mavs have something under their sleeve.

Man I hope so. I long for the day that I turn on the radio and hear: "This summer was quickly going down as the weirdest, least productive off-season in recent history for the Dallas Mavericks...until today..."

Guest e-bone

Man I hope so. I long for the day that I turn on the radio and hear: "This summer was quickly going down as the weirdest, least productive off-season in recent history for the Dallas Mavericks...until today..."

No man, Jason Terry is Pete Maravich incarnate.

Edited by e-bone