Wise and Mohamed Redshirting

BillySee58

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Hate to see two players redshirt because of injuries, but it should benefit them and the team in the long run. 

NT thankfully has a lot of depth at the guard position, but is thin in the paint. McCasland likes a four guard offense anyway and has some good rebounding at those positions. 

I don’t think Wise is redshirting because of injury and I think Mohamed is only partially redshirting because of injury. He has missed a quarter of the season already and it usually takes time to get back up to speed, so I think it’s more likely that Mccasland would rather let him play two full seasons here than basically one and a half. And the depth is good enough to allow for that.

33 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I don’t think Wise is redshirting because of injury and I think Mohamed is only partially redshirting because of injury. He has missed a quarter of the season already and it usually takes time to get back up to speed, so I think it’s more likely that Mccasland would rather let him play two full seasons here than basically one and a half. And the depth is good enough to allow for that.

And why were they not playing in the beginning of the season if not for injuries?

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

And why were they not playing in the beginning of the season if not for injuries?

Wise has been in layup lines, fully dressed out since game one. I think he’s been good to go they just haven’t played him so he could redshirt. So that’s why he hasn’t been playing.

As for Mohamed, I did attribute injury on his. Look at my post.

7 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Wise has been in layup lines, fully dressed out since game one. I think he’s been good to go they just haven’t played him so he could redshirt. So that’s why he hasn’t been playing.

As for Mohamed, I did attribute injury on his. Look at my post.

Although non-injury redshirting is very rare these days; you are probably right.     This team is guard heavy and apparently Wise is not ready to take many minutes away from the other guards.