Servpro Bowl

emmitt01

Not saying I wouldn’t like to end up in Shreveport, or New Orleans (or even the Bahamas if I could afford the travel) but I already have 8 tickets (and counting) to the Servpro Bowl so it wouldn’t be so bad to go the Cotton Bowl.  I am pretty sure we could pull together 300-500 tickets to get some students in with all of the first responders on this board.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I never have, and who’s to say that any 3 people who are with me are not my family?

That's fair. I'm just not one to take advantage of generosity. My understanding is that corporate sponsors donate money to the bowl to cover the costs of the first responder tickets. If I were a corporate sponsor donating to first responders I would be upset to find out my donations are going to college students. Simply my opinion. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

That's fair. I'm just not one to take advantage of generosity. My understanding is that corporate sponsors donate money to the bowl to cover the costs of the first responder tickets. If I were a corporate sponsor donating to first responders I would be upset to find out my donations are going to college students. Simply my opinion. 

Agree with this to some degree. I know it always made us at the bank upset when we found out our donations to any event were not used exactly for the purpose they were solicited for in the first place. We never gave to that cause or event again when we found out that had happened. No matter how worthy the cause. When we gave, we wanted our funds to be used for the purpose they were solicited in the first place.  Now, if an event organizer or charity fund, etc. found they needed to use our funds elsewhere or in a different manner, all they needed to do was to give us a call, explain the situation and 9 out of ten times it was A-OK. And, we very much appreciated their professionalism in making that call. They stayed on the nice list and did not get moved to the "naughty" list for future consideration.

As with most things...it is all about communication.

32 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Empty seats have never bought a hot dog, or coke...

But corporate sponsors bought those seats, not the bowl game organizers. Like @KRAM1 said, there would need to be communication to get the "Ok." Otherwise, I don't think it's appropriate.

If you were say, the chief of a police department, and a private entity donated money for new body cameras even though you had plenty and they were fine so you instead decided the funds should be used for new winter jackets, that private entity might be upset even though the money still went to an area of need. The city manager or whoever else might expect you to discuss it with the donors first instead of doing it on your own without talking to them about it.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Not saying I wouldn’t like to end up in Shreveport, or New Orleans (or even the Bahamas if I could afford the travel) but I already have 8 tickets (and counting) to the Servpro Bowl so it wouldn’t be so bad to go the Cotton Bowl.  I am pretty sure we could pull together 300-500 tickets to get some students in with all of the first responders on this board.

Shouldn't be hard to do. I ordered 4 tickets already. I know a few other guys that will do the same. I think its max of 4 per person?