Taking a look at the Oline prospects for future

Harry

I'm sorry the OLine topic has been commandeered by the defensive side of the ball @Harry!

10 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I think DL will be alright. Novil is great. But Rod has been a beast. Big shoes to fill. But I think EJ will be the biggest shoes to fill. He is a P5 talent flying around. Right behind him is losing Hall and Brooks. They could be the top CB duo in G5 currently

Obviously Sophomore Novil is not going to be as good as Senior Young, but Junior Novil might be very close & Senior Novil might be better.

I'm hoping the dudes we picked up in the secondary last year (Gibbs, Morris, Crosby) can step up to play with Roberts, Johnson, Siggers & Robinson.  Robinson has played very well this year, and I'm glad he'll be back.

As for EJ.  I absolutely agree.  I think Ejiya is in the NFL next year.   Garner will be difficult to replace as well. I still think Nixon is going to blow up next year.   Do you see the Murphy brothers having an impact next year at all?  Maybe not starting, but 2-deep?   

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

When people speak to the fact that we lose fine I get that, he's a once in a lifetime QB for sure.  The difference now is we have some young talent beneath him.  Jeremy Bean for instance could add a running option to the QB position that Fine didn't have.  My point is the QB stable is so much deeper than in past regimes and this bodes well for the future of the offense.

Due to Fine's play & durability, we don't know this.   We think/hope so, but we haven't seen any of these guys play.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Super worried about LB. 3 of 6 in the 2-deep are walk-ons. Let that sink in for a second. 

The good news is the LB position had me most worried going into the season.   Now, I view them as one of the strengths of the team. 

It is worry-some that NT has not got more out of one of their most touted juco recruits and several other scholarship athletes at linebacker.  

On the positive side, lb is probably the strongest position among the commits.   Ozougwu, KD Davis, and King all should return and that gives NT a good if thin base to build on.