Opinions on the mavs...

the only thing houston has going for them is Clemens...and we'll see how that turns out....i admit the guy is smart....fake a retirement to get outta Steinbrenner's Halo from Hell....but back to hoops....I saw Houston play AMAZING against Dallas in November....yeah...Yao is CRAZY intimidating....SHAWN BRADLEY MADE HIM LOOK STUPID....dont start with me strange....

ok....my first hot opinion...there is a little thing called CLUTCH...and they are not being CLUTCH in the CLUTCH....ten point lead blown in less than five minutes....theres still hope though....Walkers second Double Double in as many games....I still am not a huge fan of him...but whatever gets the W

WHATEVER!!! Yall are such dorks!

Anyway...I love my Mavs..but seriously..we always let the other team play catch-up or something..why do we let it get so close at the end..when we dominate the whole game????

Anyone up to go see a Mavs game..we could get a discount for a group of 20 or more..

we could get on TV I bet if we all wore UNT shirts or made shirts that say "I love u Nash!""

ok..so that would only be me..well...let me know...

What in God's name happened to the fourth quarter tonight. I was at a bar...watching the game....I get up to piss...come back...and it's all gone to crap. What gives?

I love Nelly and would hate to see him go....but after tonight...with all the rumours flying around....I would not be surprised if his job survived the next couple weeks.

I haven't got to see much of the Mavs this season. I used to watch every game no matter what. But I did listen to regulation of the Knicks game on the radio, watch the OT on TV and I watched the Sixers game on TV last night, so I feel like I can comment now.

The Mavs have blown leads in the last two games, here are some points about that.

1) EVERY NBA team has a run in them. Watch any team play any other team, and there is always a comeback. The rare games are not the come from behind victories anymore, it's the hold a team down the whole game without a breath of life. No team has enough defense and scoring to do that anymore, not even the Spurs.

2) Two main reasons for the last two blown leads: KILLER guards. I have been saying for years the Mavs biggest weakness is NOT the center position, but perimeter defense. That's why I absolutely love Josh Howard on this team. For as hard as Finley and Nash play, and they can buckle down and play D sometimes, it is just not in their nature to play lockdown defense. With that being said, Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury are as good as they come in the small guard position. Either guy can create his own shot, nail it, or drive. They also got help from big time downtown shooters Allan Houston and Kyle Korver.

3) The Mavs did hold on both times. It could be worse, they could have lost.

I heard a rumor from Portland that the Mavs would trade Finley, Jamison, and Najera for Rasheed Wallace. Wallace is very talented, but I think Portland is living in a fantasy world with that trade. I don't think you trade three class, model citizen guys for Wallace straight up anytime. Najera is part of the glue of this team anyway even though he has been hurt. I wouldn't be suprised if Finley goes or Wallace comes in, but that trade would change the makeup of this team so drastically, there is no way they could overcome it. They still haven't overcome what they did a week before the season started.

Dirk needs to step up. He could be a top 3 or 5 player in the league. But he isn't. He really needs to grow some balls, get cocky, and take games over.

My only complaint with Nelson is I would like to see Jamison start and get more playing time. I really like him and think he could help a lot more than he does. I realize all the talent ahead of him but I think he is one of those guys that will produce as long as he is out there, solid. Other than that, I don't want to run Nellie off like everyone else right now.

Edited by IronMan4