Old Dominion (1/28/17)

Army of Dad

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Show me where anyone has stated that this team's performance is perfectly ok.   I guess you would be doing cartwheels if the team gave completely up and got beat by 50.  The majority of fans have expressed their negative view of Benford's performance for years; but don't feel the need to express that over and over when it is obvious that he will soon be replaced.   

I gave Benford some credit and I will do it again for having a very beat up and should be demoralized team at least competitive in a game.  I really don't see how anybody can disagree with that, and how it even counters your "fire him now" mantra.   

Always excuses. Every team has them. Every team isn't 0-9 in conference. Only one is. And some people are perfectly fine letting that go to 0-18 without attempting to change the dynamics to stop it.

That is very UNT.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 10

12 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Your backhanded comments accomplish nothing.

There is nothing backhanded about them. They are a straight punch to the mouth. There is a terrible culture of losing at UNT, and it permeates all aspects of the program, even the fan base. 

This fan base accepts things with a shrug that any other fan base would be up in arms about, calling the AD, university president, and anyone else they could. At UNT we just shrug and say "welp, I guess they know what's best."

And you wonder why UNT has sucked forever.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

I have figured it out... Wren is letting this thing nose dive as much as possible so that when he makes the hire. No matter what, new coach will likely have a better record then Benford's last year and thus, upward trajectory and the masses satisfied with WB's hire. 

You might have everyone else fooled in your maniacal plan. But you don't fool me WB! No no! You don't fool me! 

lead_960.jpg?1442239783

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 5

56 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Always excuses. Every team has them. Every team isn't 0-9 in conference. Only one is. And some people are perfectly fine letting that go to 0-18 without attempting to change the dynamics to stop it.

That is very UNT.

Again you state some insane view, that anyone is fine with going 0-18.  It would be nice if you would actually respond to a post instead of re-stating the same old line.   I ask again, who is fine with going 0-19 or for that matter with the current state of NT basketball?  You think the players are happy, Benford is happy, Baker is happy, the pep band is happy, the few people who still attend the games are happy, the people who quit going to games are happy?  Who are these mythical people that are happy with the current program.  

There is a lot of difference in being happy with the program and having the view that a coaching change at this point is going to accomplish anything positive. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

There is nothing backhanded about them. They are a straight punch to the mouth. There is a terrible culture of losing at UNT, and it permeates all aspects of the program, even the fan base. 

This fan base accepts things with a shrug that any other fan base would be up i arms about, calling the AD, university president, and anyone else they could. At UNT we just shrug and say "welp, I guess they know what's best."

And you wonder why UNT has sucked forever.

How do you know people aren't bombarding WB with tweets, calls, and emails? You have no idea the activity of others.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

There is a lot of difference in being happy with the program and having the view that a coaching change at this point is going to accomplish anything positive. 

This view right here is accepting losing. "Welp, it may not change anything, so why even try? I mean, we are UNT, so let's just do what we always do and hope really hard change happens at the end of the year." 

Accepting losing for even one day should be unacceptable. You don't know what will happen if a change is made. It's abundantly clear with multiple years of evidence and 9 straight conference losses what will happen if he stays.

People like you say you aren't ok going 0-18 in conference, yet are perfectly fine doing nothing about it. That is accepting losing. Plain and simple. Saying you aren't doesn't make it so. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

10 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

How do you know people aren't bombarding WB with tweets, calls, and emails? You have no idea the activity of others.

I have a great idea when they post publicly that we should just wait it out. 

Have you tweeted, called, emailed Wren Baker?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

I have a great idea when they post publicly that we should just wait it out. 

Have you tweeted, called, emailed Wren Baker?

You tell me. You have stated I accept losing, RV was my buddy, I am the typical UNT fan etc. You like to state your so called facts so you tell me if I have or haven't.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Back to the topic at hand ... The GAME.

Season NT First Half Opponent First Half First Half Margin NT Second Half Opponent Second Half Second Half Margin
2016 617 670 -53 796 848 -52
2015 1073 1149 -76 1310 1342 -32
2014 998 950 48 1018 1150 -132
2013 1030 1067 -37 1167 1221 -54
2012 992 1026 -34 1090 1153 -63

North Texas has consistently been outscored in the second half of games in the Benford era. In fact, they've been outscored in the first half except for 2014.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

This view right here is accepting losing. "Welp, it may not change anything, so why even try? I mean, we are UNT, so let's just do what we always do and hope really hard change happens at the end of the year." 

Accepting losing for even one day should be unacceptable. You don't know what will happen if a change is made. It's abundantly clear with multiple years of evidence and 9 straight conference losses what will happen if he stays.

People like you say you aren't ok going 0-18 in conference, yet are perfectly fine doing nothing about it. That is accepting losing. Plain and simple. Saying you aren't doesn't make it so. 

Another foolish non-response, saying the same basic thing.  I actually don't care one way or the other if Benford is replaced at this point.  I think it would be a futile gesture, but if Baker wanted to go that way; I would have no objections.  

This all started with a small complement to Benford for having his now very short handed team playing hard.   Which in your twisted world means that I don't care if the team doesn't win a game.   Strange logic, and totally off the subject; but hey you are into seeking attention not having any kind of meaningful dialogue.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Another foolish non-response, saying the same basic thing.  I actually don't care one way or the other if Benford is replaced at this point.  I think it would be a futile gesture, but if Baker wanted to go that way; I would have no objections.  

This all started with a small complement to Benford for having his now very short handed team playing hard.   Which in your twisted world means that I don't care if the team doesn't win a game.   Strange logic, and totally off the subject; but hey you are into seeking attention not having any kind of meaningful dialogue.  

Charolette was short handed and won on the road. Point being every team faces challenges throughout the year. UNT just hasn't overcome them.

As to the bolded, that says a lot, don't you think?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

On 1/28/2017 at 4:01 PM, BillySee58 said:

Random, but this week I listened to the peach basket episode where you guys discussed the then recently broken news of Tony Mitchell enrolling at North Texas.

I hope the next hire is good and exciting enough to bring you and @Censored by Laurie out of retirement. 

Those shows are still floating around the Internet? Where'd you find them?

have fun

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Yay! Yet another thread that has devolved into internet shouting! This season and Benford's career at North Texas can't end soon enough.

We're back to playing the once X happens, 90 will become tolerable game? Sweet!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2