Chum, Dill and TJ?

Wag Tag

TJ Watts is going to be drafted after playing linebacker in college. What makes this interesting is he had played TE and H back before this year. 6'5 236, 4.8 40

Chumbley 6'5 240

Dillman 6'4 250

Qb is always one of your better athletes with there size and athleticism I really hope we can find a position for these 2. I feel like at least one of them could be a diamond in the ruff! GMG

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 3

On 1/4/2017 at 10:10 AM, Eagle-96 said:

Don't forget that an ex-QB was one of the best linebackers to ever play for the Mean Green and a UNT hall of famer to boot:

Image result for brad kassell unt

The thing is Brad Kassell played at a school (Llano) where it was normal to play both ways. So, no matter if he was good at playing QB, he was used to playing where he was needed the most. At North Texas, that was linebacker.

Another example was Kyle Clifton from Bridgeport Texas. He was an all-state QB as well as an all conference LB in High School. He went to TCU and played LB and later had a very stellar career in the NFL. 

Once again, he played HS ball where everyone played both ways and they played where they were needed the most.

Does Mr. Chumbley and Mr. Dillman have the same experience and/or team attitude?

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

The thing is Brad Kassell played at a school (Llano) where it was normal to play both ways. So, no matter if he was good at playing QB, he was used to playing where he was needed the most. At North Texas, that was linebacker.

Another example was Kyle Clifton from Bridgeport Texas. He was an all-state QB as well as an all conference LB in High School. He went to TCU and played LB and later had a very stellar career in the NFL. 

Once again, he played HS ball where everyone played both ways and they played where they were needed the most.

Does Mr. Chumbley and Mr. Dillman have the same experience and/or team attitude?

Believe Dillman has already made the move to DE, and Chumley to H

33 minutes ago, Marty said:

What about Connor Means? Listed now as RB but I can't see him getting any time on the field at that position. 

Why not? Wilson is a junior and Ivery (sorry for the spelling) was suspended for the bowl game so who knows if he qualifies for his senior season next year. Behind them is Wyche who will also be a junior and then red shirt freshmen and guys yet to sign. Our RB position seems very murky after next season. With Wilson's durability we will need as many RBs as possible next year.

Tucker is currently a red shirt junior as well. Forgot about him.

Edited by GMG_Dallas

1 hour ago, Marty said:

What about Connor Means? Listed now as RB but I can't see him getting any time on the field at that position. 

I can.... if he can stay healthy. In 2015 during spring practice I got to watch him make about a 25 yard scramble that caused me to go wow! We're talking about running by people and making people miss-type scramble. After I said Wow, someone who looked like a student said "It doesn't surprise me, he can run a 4.5 forty".

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

I can.... if he can stay healthy. In 2015 during spring practice I got to watch him make about a 25 yard scramble that caused me to go wow! We're talking about running by people and making people miss-type scramble. After I said Wow, someone who looked like a student said "It doesn't surprise me, he can run a 4.5 forty".

Yeah I agree he'll be a nice back. I bet he'll block his tail off on pass pro, and will be a load to bring down.  Bet he plays at 220 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, PRAK said:

How did chumley not get any playing time this past season? Dudes got too much potential 

Potential don't mean ____ without intentional effort and hard work.