JC PLAYERS OF INTEREST

djohnnie

6 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Way less. 

Frank Wilson cares about 1 thing moving up as quickly as possible... Seth wants to build it right.  We shall see who is more successful. 

I wouldn't classify it as way less.

At all.

Different? Yes. Less? Well, that depends on what the UTSA kid actually did and how you view the fact that he didn't do it the night before a game and directly and negatively affect his team less than 24 hours before kickoff.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I wouldn't classify it as way less.

At all.

Different? Yes. Less? Well, that depends on what the UTSA kid actually did and how you view the fact that he didn't do it the night before a game and directly and negatively affect his team less than 24 hours before kickoff.

Lol come on, neither of those guys were arrested... he was arrested for a violent felony.  Those are very different things.  Both affected their teams negatively for sure. 

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Lol come on, neither of those guys were arrested... he was arrested for a violent felony.  Those are very different things.  Both affected their teams negatively for sure. 

He wasn't on UTSA's team when he was arrested and it wasn't at the team hotel less than 12 hours before the game. Context is everything here. 

What Goree and Robinson did SEVERLY and IMMEDIATELY affected their team, robbing the team of two starters at a position of need for their own selfishness. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

He wasn't on UTSA's team when he was arrested and it wasn't at the team hotel less than 12 hours before the game. Context is everything here. 

What Goree and Robinson did SEVERLY and IMMEDIATELY affected their team, robbing the team of two starters at a position of need for their own selfishness. 

?

On 12/22/2016 at 0:20 PM, UNT90 said:

Not sure of your point. Wouldn't SL booting Goree and Robinson -- whatever the severity -- indicate a tougher stance against indiscretions (legal or otherwise) than Wilson apparently does? 

I'm unsure of the need to further excoriate  them, as they've been punished about as severely as possible. 

Are you suggesting SL would have only slapped them on the wrist if they were incoming recruits and not important players 12 hours before the game?

If so, don't you think the fact that booting contributors so close to a game demonstrates SL's committment to his rules, and that a recruit (however talented) commmitiing a crime so far from a game would not face something harsher? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, aztecskin said:

Not sure of your point. Wouldn't SL booting Goree and Robinson -- whatever the severity -- indicate a tougher stance against indiscretions (legal or otherwise) than Wilson apparently does? 

I'm unsure of the need to further excoriate  them, as they've been punished about as severely as possible. 

Are you suggesting SL would have only slapped them on the wrist if they were incoming recruits and not important players 12 hours before the game?

If so, don't you think the fact that booting contributors so close to a game demonstrates SL's committment to his rules, and that a recruit (however talented) commmitiing a crime so far from a game would not face something harsher? 

My point was Goree and Robinson's violation of team rules in the context that it happened was just as bad as what the UTSA recruit did, and had a much more direct affect on the college football team. 

Different, but just as bad.

That is all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

9 hours ago, UNT90 said:

My point was Goree and Robinson's violation of team rules in the context that it happened was just as bad as what the UTSA recruit did, and had a much more direct affect on the college football team. 

Different, but just as bad.

That is all.

Man, 90. I typically am with you but this is outside of my paradigm.  I can't up or down vote....I gotta think this through. I guess your angle is off the field doesn't matter, it's only what effects winning and losing? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UTSA Fan said:

Man, 90. I typically am with you but this is outside of my paradigm.  I can't up or down vote....I gotta think this through. I guess your angle is off the field doesn't matter, it's only what effects winning and losing? 

That's a Baylor/OU mindset.

Edited by Cr1028