Rice (1/9/16)

CMJ

2 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

He's looking for the next call and not some sort of action for the UTEP game. If worked too, Rice got hit with the intentional on Saturday when they fouled Combs.

Yes, our free throw shooting is awful. Benford recruited all of these players so he bears (at least) some responsibility, but I don't mind Benford advocating for his team. Kind of like I didn't bitch about opposing coaches fouling more than usual to make us beat them at the line. It's a strategy and as long as they aren't doing it in ways more likely to injure out guys then I understand they are doing what they can for their own teams.

Absolutely agree 100 % Hell, I did the same thing a few games and won a city championship (MS level) because of it.  We were down 9 with 1:42 left and they missed the 1 and 1 for fouls 7,8, and 9 which gave us 3 free possessions and the clock wasn't running.  Cut the game to 2 points with 1 minute left.