Kirby Smart to stay at Bama through playoff

Cr1028

Because like Bama, Georgia sells itself. I think people would prefer Littrell(or any coach) get here sooner rather than later because North Texas is a hell of a lot harder sell than either of those SEC Powerhouses

Not if the incoming head coach is coming off an ACC championship and a win over the #1 team in the country.

• Upvote 1

Because like Bama, Georgia sells itself. I think people would prefer Littrell(or any coach) get here sooner rather than later because North Texas is a hell of a lot harder sell than either of those SEC Powerhouses

I mean, sure. But there are about 4 other powerhouses in the SEC in Florida, Auburn, LSU, and Tennessee that typically recruit well and can snag recruits from Georgia on any given day. This is a Saban antic if anything. He probably called Smart into his office and jumped up and down while clapping his hands violently together demanding that he stays until the season concludes. Because when it is all said and done Nick Saban and his staff will be vying for recruits that Georgia will be also after...Many of which come from Georgia's own backyard. Seems like a dumb move on Smart's part. 

• Downvote 1

It is not too big of a deal. Just make sure his staff is already working on recruiting while he is in the playoffs. That is a pretty good sell to recruits.

Also, if we have Littrell signed already and they go to the playoffs, I would have no problem with him coaching in the playoffs.

Edited by eagle2014
  • Upvote 1

Also if I am not mistaken the word out of the Alabama & Georgia Camp here on the state line between the two is that we are about to enter a recruiting dead period during the bowl season where recruits cannot be contacted.  Smart will uses this time to get his coaching staff together so that he can hit the ground runner after the dead period ends.

• Upvote 1

No Bama/Saban conspiracy at work at all.  I am sure Bama's recruiting is already wrapped up anyway.  And Smart should stay, unfair to the team to do otherwise.

Agreed Green Dozier.

I think Littrell and his staff will be fine.  I see it going something like this...

"Sorry Mr. and Mrs Jones, I apologize that we got a little bit of a late start due to the fact I was calling the plays against the #1 team in the country last week. Here is a brief summary of my offensive statistics and what we've been able to accomplish at the other places I have been.  I know your son Johnny has verbally committed to X but we really want him and think he would be a great QB fit at North Texas in our offensive system."

Our problem is Dec. 14 through Jan. 13 is a dead period with no contacts.  Feb. 1-4 is also a dead period.  We have 10 days until the dead period, and about two weeks after.  The new staff better be great recruiters, or we play essentially next year with what we have.  I think that may be more than what we saw this year.  Whatever sign me up for a couple of gallons of green Kool-Aid.

Our problem is Dec. 14 through Jan. 13 is a dead period with no contacts.  Feb. 1-4 is also a dead period.  We have 10 days until the dead period, and about two weeks after.  The new staff better be great recruiters, or we play essentially next year with what we have.  I think that may be more than what we saw this year.  Whatever sign me up for a couple of gallons of green Kool-Aid.

Could be a good reason to not give out the full allotment of scholly's.  Save some for the summer when we might gets someone who qualified late or a transfer.  We may also be able to give more scholly's next year.