FootballScoop: President to make hire

BillySee58

Talked with Zach and this is what he had to say

"It’s my belief the president will be very involved in the search and there won’t be a hire made without him signing off on it. He’ll see the opinions of the committee but they won’t make the hire. "

I think its pretty much the search committee presents the best option and the president has to okay it.

I really don't think this is much different than last time. Pres. Rawlins  was there during the Mac interview and he was there at the press conference.  I believe he also had the final word. 

Edited by Dr. Seuss

If Benford fails, the hammer will come down on the AD.

No it won't...in part, because Benford has already failed miserably, just as Shanice Stephens did, just as Mike Petersen did, just as Todd Dodge did, and just as Dan McCarney did, and he is still here because it either costs too much to fire him since we have spent over $2 million dollars this year alone to get rid of two of those hires, with another firing soon to occur at some point in the next 6 months, OR because his buddies on the BOR and within the UNT 17 won't let him get fired, which is even worse...

He has already failed.

And failed for three years in a row. Statistically, he's likely to fail again this year.

True that. I'm looking at a copy of this year's complete schedule and it is as soft as I can ever remember, so the schedule was set up to win.  Went to three or four games in his first season, haven't been since, and won't until there is a change. I'm originally from Indiana and grew up with good basketball, but I haven't seen any here since Johnny left.

• Upvote 1