Southern Miss Travel

EagleTime

So, Mr. EagleTime, since we just endured a week of memories and slap-assery with our Iowa-connected folks, would you mind sharing your favorite memories of our people in Hattiesburg? I'm hoping I can work with @aztecskin to turn it all into a slideshow post for MGN.

• Upvote 1

Didn't want this post to be something you had to endure.  Thought maybe if you had people coming in they would want to know where to go and what to do.

Truth is....you guys have kicked our a** and we have kicked yours.  Someone will get an a**kicking Saturday night.  That does not make us personal enemies.

So, Mr. EagleTime, since we just endured a week of memories and slap-assery with our Iowa-connected folks, would you mind sharing your favorite memories of our people in Hattiesburg? I'm hoping I can work with @aztecskin to turn it all into a slideshow post for MGN.

Southern Miss is a great campus for tailgating and Hattiesburg is a great pace to visit for a game.  We treat opposing fans with dignity and respect, and try to make them feel at home when they visit.

I don't have any stories about your people in Hattiesburg...  I guess you will have to get pics and stories of ya'll slapping each others ass to find something for your slide show.

I really believe you are not representative of the Mean Green fanbase.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@EagleTime I think you are misunderstanding Mr. @Quoner's post.

What we just "endured" was our coach, QB, and others in AD returning home to Iowa.  We got to hear all about their glory days in Iowa City and how great Iowa (of all places) is.  That is the slap-assery and memories and those are who he meant by "people".  Not our fans, our coach, QB and other Iowans.

Now, we have another homecoming for our Athletic Director, his marketing guy, and his marketing guy's marketing guy.  There's a whole branch of the organizational chart that is from USM. Those are the people he would like stories of for the slideshow.

I'm sure your fans are great, I would love to be there myself to get a feel of your tailgating environment. 

• Upvote 1

Didn't want this post to be something you had to endure.  Thought maybe if you had people coming in they would want to know where to go and what to do.

Truth is....you guys have kicked our a** and we have kicked yours.  Someone will get an a**kicking Saturday night.  That does not make us personal enemies.

Southern Miss is a great campus for tailgating and Hattiesburg is a great pace to visit for a game.  We treat opposing fans with dignity and respect, and try to make them feel at home when they visit.

I don't have any stories about your people in Hattiesburg...  I guess you will have to get pics and stories of ya'll slapping each others ass to find something for your slide show.

I really believe you are not representative of the Mean Green fanbase.....

Well, our serious fans just complain forever and fight about who complains the best, so yeah, I'm okay with that. Your town is swell and I have fond memories of getting drunk with an older USM fan after the New Orleans Bowl who told me that you guys were going to be on top for a long time and if we stay the course, we'd be joining you both at the top of the mid-major heap. He didn't know what he was talking about, but the drinks were free and he may have touched my leg. Oh, remember that time Brett Favre kept texting people? That was something. Think he'll be at the game?

• Upvote 1

So i'm thinking 25 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT MCCARNEY'S TIME IN IOWA, (YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY DID WITH PIGS!) (32 PHOTOS of 25 THINGS)

Maybe 18 THINGS NORTH TEXAS ADMINS AND COACHES HAVE DONE IN OTHER SCHOOL'S (50 PHOTOS)

Worst case scenario: 6 TREES IN THE IOWA CITY / HATTIESBURG AREA THAT HAVE A FAIRLY HIGH STATISTICAL PROBABILITY OF BEING SEEN BY SOMEONE TANGENTIALLY RELATED TO THE NORTH TEXAS FOOTBALL PROGRAM (8 PHOTOS)

@Quoner

• Upvote 1

@EagleTime I think you are misunderstanding Mr. @Quoner's post.

What we just "endured" was our coach, QB, and others in AD returning home to Iowa.  We got to hear all about their glory days in Iowa City and how great Iowa (of all places) is.  That is the slap-assery and memories and those are who he meant by "people".  Not our fans, our coach, QB and other Iowans.

Now, we have another homecoming for our Athletic Director, his marketing guy, and his marketing guy's marketing guy.  There's a whole branch of the organizational chart that is from USM. Those are the people he would like stories of for the slideshow.

I'm sure your fans are great, I would love to be there myself to get a feel of your tailgating environment. 

Thanks for the clarification MeanGreenD.  That makes sense.  I am sure you have enough folks around their with Southern Miss ties to keep you entertained for days....whether you want it or not!!  LOL

I really hope you guys do well and turn things around (after Saturday).  We need CUSA to be the best non p-5 conference.  If you follow the AAC, they are not strong.  While CUSA is not that strong right now, we have a group of teams with tremendous potential.  You guys can be very strong.  You have the size, location, and resources to be a power in this conference.  Believe it or not, Old Dominion and the 2 Florida FU schools will be getting strong also.  The AAC, in my opinion, is not a better football conference than us now, and we have not nearly reached our potential.  The new conference programs haven't even began to mature

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the clarification MeanGreenD.  That makes sense.  I am sure you have enough folks around their with Southern Miss ties to keep you entertained for days....whether you want it or not!!  LOL

I really hope you guys do well and turn things around (after Saturday).  We need CUSA to be the best non p-5 conference.  If you follow the AAC, they are not strong.  While CUSA is not that strong right now, we have a group of teams with tremendous potential.  You guys can be very strong.  You have the size, location, and resources to be a power in this conference.  Believe it or not, Old Dominion and the 2 Florida FU schools will be getting strong also.  The AAC, in my opinion, is not a better football conference than us now, and we have not nearly reached our potential.  The new conference programs haven't even began to mature

That was almost the most unnecessary argument on the board since that thread from a few hours ago. Close call and best of luck this weekend.

• Upvote 1

Hattiesburg is damn near drivable from here. If we still have a football team in two years, I might ought could consider making that trip, especially if it's later in the year.

tony,  not to beat a dead horse, but we paid 185 round trip for our plane tickets.  that is damned near free.  In two years if you haven't figured out that situation of yours so you can tag along on one of these things.  I am just sayin.  its hard to drive for 185.  Free rooms at the beau.  I mean, if we could just win the freakin game.......Rug rat should be about 16 or 17 if math serves me correctly, and you should have some vacation equity at that high toned job of yours.

Edited by flyonthewall
  • Upvote 1

tony,  not to beat a dead horse, but we paid 185 round trip for our plane tickets.  that is damned near free.  In two years if you haven't figured out that situation of yours so you can tag along on one of these things.  I am just sayin.  its hard to drive for 185.  Free rooms at the beau.  I mean, if we could just win the freakin game.......Rug rat should be about 16 or 17 if math serves me correctly, and you should have some vacation equity at that high toned job of yours.

Sent you a text.  Definitely sign me the hell up in two years.