Rob Konrad's Amazing Story of Survival

I'm sure most of you have at least seen or heard something about former Dolphins player Rob Konrad . . . but it is truly amazing.

Former Dolphins FB Rob Konrad says, as he fights back tears, he was indeed 9 miles offshore when he was forced to begin swimming to shore.

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington)

January 12, 2015

Rob Konrad says he was in the water as rescue helicopters circled above, but they never saw him. He realized he was on his own. Incredible.

January 12, 2015

Rob Konrad was later diagnosed with hypothermia, severe dehydration and rhabdomyolysis, which is a breakdown of muscle fibers.

January 12, 2015

Konrad says he was bit by many jellyfish and circled by a shark while he was in the water — but shark eventually left. Is this Life of Pi?!

January 12, 2015

After 10 hours, fishing boat had lights on and was 50 yards away. “When the boat didn’t see me,” Konrad said. "I had to get my mind right."

January 12, 2015

Konrad followed sun west during day then followed lights on the shore. “I have 2 beautiful daughters,” he says. “I was hitting that shore."

January 12, 2015

Rob’s wife, Tammy Konrad, said she began to panic when her two daughters started to ask before going to bed, “Where’s daddy?"

January 12, 2015

Rob Konrad says he eventually heard waves hitting the shore: “It was a beautiful sound.” …When he hit the shore, he couldn’t walk at first.

January 12, 2015

To be honest, I have to question whether he was actually a full 9 miles out at sea. Regardless, he's fortunate to be alive, and it's a great story of survival.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98