'15 OL Abdul Beecham (Converse Judson)

It appears this is performance related considering he does not even have any FCS offers. I think Big Dan hit the nail on the head and we cooled on him because of a less than stellar senior season.

Then why did we offer him so early on? And, according to him, we told him that he was our #1 OL target.

I see 3 scenarios.

1. We offered him and accepted his commitment too early, and he wasn't actually our #1 OL on our board.

2. He was the #1 OL on our board but we realized we made a bad evaluation and chose to part ways with him.

3. He was the #1 OL on our board and he made a bad decision to decommit, thinking he'd get more and better offers. I don't think this one is true because if it were then we would be re-recruiting him since Wheeler decommitted, because we proved with Howard that we are willing to re-recruit players.

If #1 or #2 is true, or if you think what you're saying about us cooling on him because of his senior season is true, why aren't you saying anything about how that's wrong, if true? Why aren't you saying if we did do that and didn't honor the scholarship then Coach Mac chose not to be a man of his word?

This was a kid who didn't have any other offers when he committed. Unless we truly did want him no matter what (why aren't we re-recruiting him in that case?) then we should have waited to offer. There was no hurry, and if there was a chance that we weren't sold on him then wait until he did prove to us that he was worth the offer.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Billy, sorry I don't feel like posting a chapter with each thought. He could have decommitted and we chose not to continue pursuing him due to a less than stellar season. Everything that has been stated about him says that he chose to decommit. We must have decided to not continue our recruitment. This is purely speculation on my part, which is all we will probably have at this point. The only other thought I have is that he chose to decommit, thought he would get some other opportunities, didn't take care of his schoolwork and the other offers never cameand we did not stay after him when it was obvious he would not qualify. Again, just speculation.

Edited by UNTLifer

Billy, sorry I don't feel like posting a chapter with each thought. He could have decommitted and we chose not to continue pursuing him due to a less than stellar season. Everything that has been stated about him says that he chose to decommit. We must have decided to not continue our recruitment. This is purely speculation on my part, which is all we will probably have at this point. The only other thought I have is that he chose to decommit, thought he would get some other opportunities, didn't take care of his schoolwork and the other offers never cameand we did not stay after him when it was obvious he would not qualify. Again, just speculation.

I don't see any problem in us not re-recruiting him. But that doesn't explain the weird recruitment before and the scenarios I brought up. But you're right. It really doesn't matter at this point and no time arguing about a kid who isn't coming here.

I think we offered him early, because didn't he show up on some pre-season All State lists, or something similar?

We offered him during the summer after one of our satellite camps in San Antonio. He also kept saying that the coaches told him he was number 1 on our OL board. Later, after he committed, he was selected as preseason first team all 6A offensive lineman on DCTF. He also was recently named 1st team all Texas according to DCTF, so I don't know that he had a subpar senior season. It's not like he came out and played awful, so we realized we didn't want him anymore. The reasons why he isn't much of an FBS prospect are not because he didn't perform well against high school competition.

Which, again, if we really wanted this kid so bad, I don't know why we let him go. And if we didn't, I don't know why we were so quick to offer and take his commitment.

The main reason why I've created these threads for all the players we offer is to have a good timeline for how all of their recruitments occurred. The thread creation date will let you know, more or less, when we offered, and the following information will show when everything else occurred.

• Upvote 1

I don't know. It is definitely a head-scratcher. You would think with hus credentials he would garner some other offers outside of Langston and Midwestern State. Would love to know the story, but bet we never do.

Edited by UNTLifer