Early offers: Players we have a shot at

This is broken up into two lists as well. Guys with at least one other offer but usually no P5 offers yet, and at the most 1 P5 offer. The other list is made of guys who we are currently that players only D1 offer. These D1 offers are according to the recruiting websites, and may not be up to date. Some players don't have recruiting profiles, so they are listed with having no other offers.

Other offers:

- Leander ATH Billy Mccrary

Offers from SMU, Texas St, and UTSA

- FB Elkins ATH Jonathan Giles

Offers from Fresno State and Colorado

- Coppell TE/OL Connor Williams

Offer from TCU

- Richmond Bush OL Josh Jones

Offer from Houston

- Mallard Creek Charlotte, NC DB Nafees Lyon

Offers from Miami (OH), Charlotte, and JMU

- Whitehouse DB Nate Brooks

Offer from La Tech

Players only we've offered:

- Del City, OK ATH Davion Freeman

- Dallas Skyline WR Savon Rollinson

- Ringling, OK OL Riley Daniel

- Flower Mound OL Evan Curl

- Plano OL Beau Hott

- Carrolton Creekview OL Larry Hughes

- Denton High DE Dailon Holmes

- Denton Guyer DE Carl Thompson

Note: I believe he has some offers, but nothing listed on the recruiting sites

- Burleson DE Kenneth Mann

- Tyler JC DE Mote Maile

- Paris LB Jordan Williams

Whether they have just an offer from us, or just a non P5 offer or two, it's still early in the process and these players could blow up. Nice to get in early on kids.

A few players in particular on this list who I'm really watching out for are Connor Williams, Nate Brooks, Larry Hughes, and Kenneth Mann.

Williams interests me because he reminds me a little of Wylie Reinhardt. I could see us recruiting him at tight end, while other colleges (like TCU) want him at guard. He'd be a perfect road-grading tight end like Reinhardt or Andrew Power, and letting him play glory OL (tight end) could give us an edge over other schools.

Nate Brooks would be another good get out of East Texas. He has some versatility at DB, and if it's just a battle between us and La Tech, we should win. Obviously, still plenty of time for other schools to come in.

Larry Hughes still doesn't have any other offers. I don't know how much longer that will last for, but us being first has to help. He has the prototypical frame to play Left Tackle and go up against opposing teams' top pass rushers week in and week out. Once Antonio Johnson graduates this year, we really won't have a true Left Tackle on the roster. Hughes would be a perfect fit and has plenty of room to grow physically and from a technique standpoint. No offers yet, but he's still going to be a tough pull.

Kenneth Mann is another interesting case of a guy yet to have another offer. He's a big kid, and after signing just 1 high school defensive end combined over the last 2 classes, we could use a big time DE or 2 this class. Mann would be a great player to build this d-line class around.