CUSA Board Thread Discussing Conference Race

MeanGreen61

There is some good stuff in that thread.

I see Rice losing on the road to NT & then beating Tulane at home to create a potential 3 way tie between all 3 teams (one C-USA loss each). Under that scenario and based on each programs SOS & OOC schedule & results, who would get the nod under the BCS rankings? It would be real close because NT doesn't have any bad losses (+ good win over Ball State) and played a tough schedule but they may be the only one of those teams with 3 overall losses. I think Rice would take it by the slimmest of margins.

Then if ECU or Marshall finishes the season with one conference loss it would come down to the BCS standings again. That is why ECU's late season date @ NC State may be more important than just for bragging rights this year. If ECU can run the table and end the year with back to back road Ws against NCSU & Marshall then ECU would certainly have the highest BCS ranking in the conference. But if ECU falls to NCSU but still beats Marshall then the West champ would likely host.

Consequently, ECU has no room for error in order to have a legitimate shot to host the C-USA championship. Conversely, if ECU can't get past a tough Marshall team on the road but Marshall loses one other game (I think they may drop one @ Tulsa) then I think that if Rice or even NT run the table then the C-USA championship game would be out west.

Tulane would likely have to run the table in order to host because of their SOS & OOC performance. If ECU & Tulane have a rematch in the Superdome then I would likely be down there enjoying all that NOLA has to offer. However, ECU plays tougher at home & I think that a packed out DF stadium would look better on tv & it's 1,000 miles closer to my home so I'll keep my fingers crossed for that to come to fruition.

• Upvote 1