Recruiting success for our CUSA opponents

A source who is close to the desoto program, I don't know if its official yet so I don't want to say too much. Basically his mom wants him at LaTech but he wants to be at UNT.

Interesting. You would think mom would want him closer to home. Maybe Claude Mathis can talk to her about it and sell Coach Mac to her.

Anyways, Moms are the second most important person to convince in recruiting and sometimes the most important. A running back from Florida named Alex Collins had his mom steal his letter of intent because she didn't want him to sign with Arkansas.

Hopefully if your reports are true then Howard and his mom can get on the same page. For the sake of everyone involved.

Interesting. You would think mom would want him closer to home. Maybe Claude Mathis can talk to her about it and sell Coach Mac to her.

Anyways, Moms are the second most important person to convince in recruiting and sometimes the most important. A running back from Florida named Alex Collins had his mom steal his letter of intent because she didn't want him to sign with Arkansas.

Hopefully if your reports are true then Howard and his mom can get on the same page. For the sake of everyone involved.

I think it has to do with some bad influences in the family close to home,I agree I hope she will come around too. Denton is far enough away where he won't want to come home every weekend.

Soft commitment from one of those Desoto kids. Hopefully winning helps with him.

And maybe a couple of other Desoto kids will reconsider playing for a TCU program headed in the wrong direction.

You can win and play in CUSA or lose and sit in the Big 12. Stop listening to your friends and think for a second. Do you really want to sit on the bench, sitting through 9 loss seasons while looking at about 18k fans announced as 41k?

Just think about it.

90, I wouldn't expect this thought from you...

Again, why would a player be good enough to play and win at UNT, yet that same player would have to ride pine at TCU? Is UNT really that bad? Do you think UNT and TCU would be a good game today?

Let's play up the fact that we're a winning program and we're on our way up, whereas TCU is a losing program and on the way to the cellar of their conference. Regardless of conference affiliation.

If you want to be seen on TV, then UNT is a great place to play as well.

There are alot of ways to sell UNT and tear down TCU/SMU, but saying that a kid is going to be a 4-year starter here while they would be stuck riding pine at TCU/SMU is just not true.

If they're a good player, they'll play, regardless of where they sign. See Marcus Trice for example.

If they're a crappy player, they'll be crappy regardless of where they sign. See Tyler Stradford for example.